New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Christopher Cromwell
Whether at me still a question about heater Dish.???? in the instruction on assemblage of a heater from what party it to glue.?
And how many there is your heater for Dish.
------------------------------------------------
Has found at our forum about your heater and a photo how to glue.
2b5531dd71bd20f35fc48c9f6cda47ca.jpg

1512cc4ebb39acb960341044bec90c45.jpg

cc64ee266be65b61f47d8a72535c599a.jpg

a86dc530018f5c8785aebadc924afb0a.jpg

410c03fae4925fe0546c817847c46b16.jpg

9045bfec94aa104c6ab04fbd2d197295.jpg

Boris, you did not post the installation sheet for the HotShot Dish Heater. Once you post the correct installation instructions, I will show you where to glue the heater properly. The 3rd photo is not from the installation directions. That photo shows the heater installed on the wrong side, it is not designed to heat the entire metal, just to heat the heater face where the signals are collected.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If everyone actually installed the dish heater on the wrong side of the reflector, its no wonder why it does not work for most people, so they try to dislike it instead as much as they can.

There HAS to be SOMEONE out there who can attest to how a dish heater is supposed to be installed and working correctly.

You posted the proper way in that picture. That is why it has those 4 holes. So the bolts and nuts that stick out the back will not damage it. :)

Well, I give up, i can't make it any more clear for people. Im tired of fighting this battle all by myself. If people want to keep putting it on backwards and hate the product, then it is what it is.

That's ok. I will still have excellent TV in a winter storm, everyone else will be in the dark without any signal for days or weeks! :-D lol! :)

Some models can mounted on front or back of the reflector. On smooth metal reflectors, installers prefer to mount it on the back and the heat is transferred. On reflectors with rear rib supports, the heater cannot be mounted on rear and can only be mounted on the front.

For high power DBS/DSS signals like Dish Network, DirecTV or Bell front or back mounting makes minimal difference on the the signal quality. On weaker FSSS satellites and weaker transponders, the signal loss from front mounting can be notable.

Reactions: Borisov-54
Hey Chris got an idea for your dish the 1 Meter dish. Take down your slimline dish but keep the heater. Have your slimline lnb still hooked up and put that on the 1 meter then put your c band on top of the slimline lnb. The one meter will help with rain fade and you can get some c band with it to. Just wanted to pass that a long. Look at the DirecTV dish for Hawaii and Alaska for ideas 1.2 meter dish size for those locations.

put your c band on top of the slimline lnb.

Huh???

Top mounting an LNBF above the centered LNBF will aim the feedhorn below the arc. Will not work.

This is the same principle as offsetting an LNBF off to the side of the centered LNBF. No matter how close two small LNBFs are placed next to each other the look angle is at least 2 - 4 degrees apart. The size of the C-band conical scalar would make the look angle at least 5+ degrees.

Reactions: jorgek
Thanks for the suggestion Dan, I will see what I can come up with. The dish heater is baked onto the metal for life, its not coming off. :-(

I called Skyvision for a price quote on a 1.2M dish, but they don't want to sell me one. So I am back to looking for a vendor to sell me a reasonably priced 1.2M dish. Any takers for my hard earned money?? Lol. :)

@Titanium, that's I tried doing to your Titanium C-Band LNB with conical ring on my FTA dish one weekend. No matter how close I put things together or other combination, I couldn't make it work. But that's ok, I need to do it the correct way.

I called Skyvision for a price quote on a 1.2M dish, but they don't want to sell me one. So I am back to looking for a vendor to sell me a reasonably priced 1.2M dish. Any takers for my hard earned money?? Lol. :)

1.2 meter dishes can be found that are not real expensive but the size makes shipping high, my GeoSAT Pro 1.2m cost more to ship than the price of the dish.

@Wayn23, I know what you mean. In my months of researching, some vendors want a flat rate of $60-75 for shipping. I just need ti see what good vendors are out there, I only know of a few.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)