New to FTA world and looking for spanish channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Giraldilla

Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Hi

I am completely new to all this FTA world. I live in Canada. and need guidance in what I need to buy in order to be able to view some Spanish as well as some English channels. Any input will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Giraldilla

Hi Iceberg,

Sorry I did not explain myself properly,I don't have any hardware (dish, receiver ...). That is what I am looking for. Which receiver and dish would you recommend.

Thanks

Check out the link to Sadoun above. They have systems that are affordable, and will suit your needs :) I have the Fortec system - S-1 I think it is :)

Oops :D

You would need a receiver (Pansat, Fortec, Coolsat), a 76cm dish (I’d recommend a 90cm due to the northern location) and a LNBF.

Since you’re in Canada, I would recommend going through a Canadian dealer to prevent shipping delays, customs, etc
www.gosatellite.ca (sister company of a gold sponser here) has some deals.

Larry
He’s in Canada and Sadoun won’t ship there unless you have your own fedex account to pay for shipping. He is better off checking a dealer in Canada

www.kusat.com is another option. They’re in Montreal

Thank you all for your help, I will look in to buying the coolsat 5000 and for dish not to sure wich one yet.

Does the dish have to be bought new or could I buy a used one? what is the draw back of this?

Do I have to have a motor for the dish?

Forgive me if I am asking silly questions.

Thanks again

NO silly questions here :)

A used dish (in good condition) will work JUST as well as a new dish! The bigger the better!

You don't NEED a motor, I had a fixed dish for the first few years! Just moved it from one satellite to another by hand, it does get old after a year or so. With a motor the dish will move its self as you change channel! (After being installed correctly of course)

33 in dish with a motor or Eliptical Dish + 2 Dual LNB

I have more questions of course :D

What is best a 33 in dish with a motor or and Eliptical Dish + 2 Dual LNB.

According to what I have read it says that the eliptical 18 x 23 size can receive multiple sats.

Any suggestion very much appreciated

Thanks

Get the biggest dish, preferably 36-39". G10 has some spanish channels, but the signals vary with conditions. Best to have the biggest dish an SG2100 will handle. What City are you in? I bought a 39" dish out of Ottawa for around $129.00 cdn.

TiminMb said:
Get the biggest dish, preferably 36-39". G10 has some spanish channels, but the signals vary with conditions. Best to have the biggest dish an SG2100 will handle. What City are you in? I bought a 39" dish out of Ottawa for around $129.00 cdn.

Where did you bought your dish ? Website ?

Thank you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts