new to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shelli555

Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
I am new to FTA. I have a Sonic View 360 Elite with a 33" satellite with a digipower motor. I am running into a few problems and would greatly appreciate any help. Especially in lamans terms. :eek: 1) I can only get up to 65% signal strength but quality stays at 0%. 2) I can't find any channels on any satellite. 3) when I go into the reciever and chose a west satelite then change it to a east satellite the satellite isn't moving. It only moves if we go in and tell it to move either east or west. Any suggestions?? I can give you the settings I have it set to if that might help too.

My latitude is 43.9608
longitude is -86.4423
Azimuth is 186.6

Satellite is set to
elevation angle 47
dish bracket angle 23

again any suggestions, tips, or tricks, are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Don't know anything about that receiver, but if your lattitude is 44, you should set the motor elevation to 44 degrees and not 47 degrees. Your true south satellite should be AMC 3 @ 87.0w degrees. But the motor is what needs to point to true south (not point to the true south satellite), and then use USAL's and drive the reflector (dish) to AMC 3 @ 87.0w and tune to (transponder) 12187 Vertical (signal rate) 30000. Then adjust the reflector up or down to try and get the best quality. Do not adjust the motor elevation once you set it on 44. Good Luck..!!!

you might also try 12112 H 30000

Last edited:
Sounds like you may not have USALS set up properly in your receiver. Not sure how the menus on the Sonic View are, but you will have to go into the positioner settings menu (or motor menu, or whatever it is called on that receiver) and input the latitude (North) and longitude (West) of your location before the motor will move. Then, for each satellite in the setup menu, you will have to select USALS for positioner/motor.

Another strong Transponder on AMC3 is:
Freq: 11716
Polarity: Horizontal
Scan Rate: 4859

What do you have entered for LNB settings in the receiver's Sat Setup Menu?

At the top you will see you have options to select what satellite you are trying to setup. Select that satellite in the menu. Other important things to remember is LNBF type needs to be normal, standard, or single (depending on the model of receiver you have) Next LNBF power needs to be ON. The frequency is important; it will be 10750. Have the 22K switch OFF. Diseqc switch is off if you are not using it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts