New to FTA !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Hello there,
am considering getting into FTA viewing, might buy a comporable system as this, can anyone stear me in the right direction for professional installers near me? Sourthern/central CT,zip code 06801, what is a standard installation fee? realizing that many people do the install themselves, thanks!
Is there a good book or publication for FTA hobbyist you could recommend too?

You may want to try the local yellow pages for a LICENSED satellite installer in your area, ask them if they have EVER done a FTA install before. Ask them what kind of satellite meter they use, if they use small TV do it yourself!

We are all here to help! Read as much as you can here as there is a plethora of FTA info here, most satellite book deal with everything satellite.

I strongly recommend the below book..............

http://www.amazon.com/World-Satelli...f=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/102-2640219-5376960?ie=UTF8

dfecarter said:
Hello there,
am considering getting into FTA viewing

I can tell you one thing. You are off to a great start. You have found the best place on the net, with the nicest and most helpful people in the world. The new friends you will meet on here is some of the most knowledgeable in FTA. The key is to have fun with FTA, and reading the Weekend Projects messages, you will see what I mean.

Good luck... And I am sure the experts will be here to answer your questions. I am personally using Pansat 2700, but got a Coolsat 5000 to use for the motorized dish for some of the best blind scanning.

I would recommend that you do the install yourself. You will be the one maintaining the system and it will be easier to do yourself than call someone every time there is an issue.

Not to discourage you from picking up the book, but remember, there is a ton of info on here that is free to view as it is. Takes a bit of time to figure out, but you will be satisfied.

Hello all. Houli here i just purchase the following, 48 inch dish, HH120 rotor, Invacom Quad polar lnbf, and coolsat 5000 reciever. My question is where do i get all the setting from to enter into receiver. I am very new to this and will love to one day start to injoy FTA. I will be using all above in the zip code 00602.

Do it yourself... I thought I had to get an installer too, but ended up doing it myself, and loved it... still tinker with it a lot. That's part of the fun.

houli said:
Hello all. Houli here i just purchase the following, 48 inch dish, HH120 rotor, Invacom Quad polar lnbf, and coolsat 5000 reciever. My question is where do i get all the setting from to enter into receiver. I am very new to this and will love to one day start to injoy FTA. I will be using all above in the zip code 00602.
Sadoun, a gold sponsor here, has great online help for installing both a motorized system:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

and a stationary dish:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

I would plug in your zip code into the stationary calculator first, and find a few satellites without the motor first, so you get the hang of aiming.

Settings for the Invacom QPH:

L.O. 10750 (standard, not universal) for linear satellites (L port on LNB). This applies to most satellites. Connect a single cable from the 'L' port on the Invacom to your receiver for now, don't worry about the other ports.

L.O. 11250 for circular satellites (C port on LNB). This is only used by Dish and Bell satellites, which are pay services. Ignore this port for now.

Last edited:
Thanks Tron.

Houli, if you can, install it yourself and save some money $100+ Plus you will get satisfaction and the good feeling of doing a nice job (installing, learning, and saving money).:D

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here. We will be happy to help you achieve your goal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)