New to the Directv Family

Status
Please reply by conversation.
having no idea which ones are the local spot beams, that generally looks about as good as you can ever get.

having no idea which ones are the local spot beams, that generally looks about as good as you can ever get.
None of them that he posted a few post back are his locals.
His locals would be on the 99(s) or 103(s), neither of which were posted ... that said it doesn't really matter.

If he looks at the Spotbeam Sats generally the highest ones are your locals or a neighboring city. Most will be in the high 90's.

I didn't post my spot beam sats because like ya'll said, it's not really that important or much to worry about. I mean it is but it isn't ya know. Like ya'll told me the most important ones are the ca and cb's. :) By the way, loving my Directv service each and everyday! :)

I didn't post my spot beam sats because like ya'll said, it's not really that important or much to worry about. I mean it is but it isn't ya know. Like ya'll told me the most important ones are the ca and cb's. :) By the way, loving my Directv service each and everyday! :)
That is true, unless your having issues with your locals.

Welcome to the DirecTV family! BTW those numbers are fantastic! Who ever installed your dish, did a great job at aligning it. I dont think you will have to many issues other than during extreme down poors, wich really doesn't happen that often.

If there is severe weather between you and the satellite (red areas on the radar) this can affect your signal and sometimes you can lose the signal completely. One tip - the HD channels will go out before the SD ones, because the frequencies are more susceptible to attenuation by raindrops. Your system is probably set up to hide SD duplicates, if you change that when there is HD signal loss to show all channels you can watch the SD version of many channels.

Hi Texas, I'm not satellite/cable inclined and didn't know about that as well as am curious myself, so I was wondering if you can elaborate and be more specific as to how come HD goes out so easily before SD channels do? Why is HD so fragile and is more susceptible too attenuation?

It's the size of the signal from the satellite. The wavelength is shorter with hd. That means it gets absorbed more readily by the water in the air, whether rain or even snow sometimes.

Ka frequencies are almost twice the frequency used by Ku. The higher the frequency, the more a signal is susceptible to rain fade.

Ka frequencies are almost twice the frequency used by Ku. The higher the frequency, the more a signal is susceptible to rain fade.

since this is tangentially related:

same thing will cell phones, thats why all the carriers want the 700mhz and 600mhz bands so bad.

*the more you know*

since this is tangentially related:

same thing will cell phones, thats why all the carriers want the 700mhz and 600mhz bands so bad.

*the more you know*
more to that is that those lower frequencies propagates further, meaning it works inside buildings. This is the issue with T-Mobile, their service is great outdoors, but indoors is kinda sucky sometimes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts