New to the satellite scene

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bull-420

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Hello people:

Just call me Bull.

I just received my new Pansat 3500SD and thought I would join this forum after a search. Took a look around here and thought this is a good place to start being a forum member.

I know nothing about satellite dishes and will be looking around for some help. Hopefully I will not need to ask for much, but do think there will come a time when I need to post a question. Normally I am just the quiet guy (Hardly any posts).

Right now I am mainly someone who likes to play with the Sony PSP and video encoding.

This is the start of a new hobby here and sure I will enjoy it

Welcome to the Forum......... Bull

Check out the FTA section , you will find alot of members eager to help you out.

FTA - Free To Air unencrypted channels and or Feeds viewable with a STB - Set Top Box
example : Pansat 3500SD

I do recommend that you do read as much as you can.

Dish Recomendations and H-H Motors ,You will have to decide how you want to start out , stationary dish or motorized dish , size of dish does matter , I use a 90 cm dish , best dish for your dollar , bigger gets costlier because of shipping.

Plenty of free programming , sports feeds , local networks , ethnic programming.

I suggest you post in the FTA section , and again welcome to the forum.

Jorge...

:welcome to SatelliteGuys Bull-420.

Just remember no hack talk, and you will get lots of help here.

You've probably already seen some channel lists, so you know what to expect on FTA.
FTAlist, and GlobalCM are a little easier to read than Lyngsat.

If you really meant you want to know something about the actual dishes, LNBs, and switches (and maybe motors), there are plenty of great threads here to read, and with just a question, I'm sure we can dig up plenty more info for you to digest.

And as far as video encoding, a few of us have been known to turn an occasional mpeg into a DVD from time to time.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Tons of information and a great group! We are here to share what we know and make your introduction to FTA satellite easy.

welcome bull, I think you'll find this site and the FTA forums to be extra helpful and friendly. Many people and LOTS of knowledge. Plus the site sponsors donate their time to this forum. I always keep that in mind when looking to buy stuff.

I think you'll be very happy with the 3500. I have the same receiver and it works great, plus the sd card makes it SO easy to edit the channels and sats (real nice when many were renamed recently)

Welcome. Im sort of new here and love it. Lot's of good info and good answers to questions. I've been in Satellite Tv since the 80's and while the hobby has changed since then it still is a lot of fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)