New toy day- STAB HH120

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Well,
I've been having to fiddle with my two DG380's all too often this winter ( while my STAB hh90 setup just runs flawlessly ). Therefore , I've picked up a STAB HH120 to see if it gives me less trouble than the DG380. If my hunch proves correct ( that the STAB motors are the BEST, using USALS ) , I'll be a happy guy, even though that HH120 is slow as molasses .
Frequently the DG380's simply don't move when ordered. So I try sending them to Zero position ( sometimes that works); or I try picking a new satelllite, cycling power on the receiver, and sometimes that works. Sometimes they behave correctly, but never for two or three days in a row.
I'll find out somthing useful when I substitute the HH120 for one of them. Either it'll be better, or it won't . Either way, I'll learn something new.
Wish me luck.
:)

i had terrible performance from my dg380 until i changed the screw inside. not sure if you have heard of this fix or not but mine would always get stuck. then when you tried to move it back itd overcurrent protect and stop. it was a PITA. anyways sadoun posted about changing a screw inside and sent me one. i did it today and already the binding is gone. i cant wait for one last cold snap to really see if it fixed things. anyways it now can move my fortec 1.2m from limit to limit on 13v. and it is a pretty fast motor.

crackt out,.

i had terrible performance from my dg380 until i changed the screw inside. not sure if you have heard of this fix or not but mine would always get stuck. then when you tried to move it back itd overcurrent protect and stop. it was a PITA. anyways sadoun posted about changing a screw inside and sent me one. i did it today and already the binding is gone. i cant wait for one last cold snap to really see if it fixed things. anyways it now can move my fortec 1.2m from limit to limit on 13v. and it is a pretty fast motor.

crackt out,.
I haven't had any issue with my DG380 yet, but it usually doesn't get that cold here and I only have a 90cm on it atm. I need to look into the screw issue for future reference though.

I'm also interested in how the HH120 is though as I will be in the market for a new motor in not too long.

Sadoun sent me a screw for my newer DG380. It is driving a 1.0M dish and has torque problems. Hopefully, the screw will help.
I need to take out some connections, too. I'm using 3x4 multiswitches and Diseqc switches in series, and a bad connection could be giving me erratic results. I'm very much looking forward to this snow melting, and a new season of fiddling outside.
:)

I have both the HH120 and the DG380 and I can't honestly find much difference between the two other than the HH120 works better for me on my 1.2m because it's on a more solid mounting than what I used for the DG380.

Just make sure your mount is solid and plumb (and doesn't shift when the weight of the dish gets off-axis at points far to the east or west) and you should be fine and not have any issues more complicated than you do mounting/tracking a DG380. I"m sure if I took the time to add some extra supports to make the DG380 mounting more solid, the dish it is on would track the arc as good as my HH120 dish does.

BTW, the HH120 isn't a toy, it's a tool that works great when you treat it properly. :D

I have STAB 120 less than a year, and after few months is developed quite a 'slack'. Going from South toward West it is right on-the-spot, but from West to South, I have to go one more Stat and then go back in order to get it right. (I'm no able to go East as I have building restiricting my view)
I've got DG380, but waiting for Spring to put it on.

When posts are made about the DG380, it would be helpful if you state your using USALS or DISEqC 1.2. The box and manual that come with the DG380 say nothing about USALS.

USALS is patent by Stab and no other motor manufacturer, so far is licensed to use USALS in their motor.

When posts are made about the DG380, it would be helpful if you state your using USALS or DISEqC 1.2. The box and manual that come with the DG380 say nothing about USALS.

USALS is patent by Stab and no other motor manufacturer, so far is licensed to use USALS in their motor.

the manual does state that the dg380 supports the gotox function which is the unliscensed version of usals.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts