new tv station.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
I checked rabbitears.info on the Lafayette La. DMA listings and they added a k38of-d out of crowley yesterday. The channel is not on the air so i read further the channel was granted a license a couple of years ago. Anybody wanna take a guess what will be on there....i for sure dont know.

The station filed to cover its permit recently. I haven't been able to confirm whether or not it's operating.

- Trip

Has there been a construction permit approved ? Is their a proposed signal pattern proposal ? If not Iceberg is probably correct in his post

I mapped the call sign. Its KLFY's old Transmitter Tower that was shortened to 1100 feet from 1800 feet in 2000 due to mechanical issues.
The power of K38OF will be 15,000 watts or less mandated by the FCC. I would not expect the signal to go very far I would also be surprised if the antenna is mounted near the top of the tower. Like ICE stated most of these stations never make it on the air

Reactions: Mr Tony
The power of K38OF will be 15,000 watts or less mandated by the FCC. I would not expect the signal to go very far I would also be surprised if the antenna is mounted near the top of the tower. Like ICE stated most of these stations never make it on the air
Yes There is an Antenna on top of the tower but your right it wont make it to the air waves, thanks.....

My apologies to you guys, I made a mistake. The tower I just posted about was bought by Family Vision and is used for Channel 31 KAJN which is operational and is 1100 Feet (The old KLFY Tower).

The K38OF-D Tower I been referring to is South of Crowley (per tv fool) and was KATC's Analog Tower and used until digital switch in 2009 (resulting in the two 1700 plus foot towers by Rayne). So in a way we have a working tower that was formerly KATC and maybe one day it may be put back on.

Well I got my answer but again I apologize for my mistake earlier, Thank You Gentlemen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)