New update external hard drive problems

homeron

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 26, 2011
With the new update when I save a prime time program on to my programs then I try to send it to my external drive it does not show. It is still there when I'm not trying to transfer it though I've never had this problem until this update

homeron

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 26, 2011
With the new update when I save a prime time program on to my programs then I try to send it to my external drive it does not show. It is still there when I'm not trying to transfer it though I've never had this problem until this update

Also I'm still having trouble with the hopper seeing both external drives I have to unplug the external drives which then resets the box and sometimes I'm able to make the hopper see both of them this is been a problem since I got the hopper when a very first came out and is still a problem even with this recent update

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Also I'm still having trouble with the hopper seeing both external drives I have to unplug the external drives which then resets the box and sometimes I'm able to make the hopper see both of them this is been a problem since I got the hopper when a very first came out and is still a problem even with this recent update

This may be a problem with your external drives going into standby mode, and the Hopper not being able to wake them up again. Seagate drives are notorious for this behavior, while Western Digital Green drives, of which I own 8, aggressively spin themselves down to save energy, yet Dish receivers start them back up again without issue.

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey

You have NEVER been able to transfer recordings to the EHD from PTAT, unless saved (or set as a normal timer), and until the experation of the 8 day PTAT save period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)