New update on hopper3 u540

I updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to U540. I have not seen any major differences yet. Perhaps One of our Dish installers can check the tech forum and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Some of you guys like to be on the bleeding edge. Unless an update has something I'm waiting for, I'll wait patiently.....
I can't help it. I'm an old guy who remembers my DISHPlayer 7100 with the built in WebTV. I would wake up and see that it had an downloaded an ***Upgrade*** and would be so excited I wanted to call all my other friends with WebTV but, of course, I couldn't. All our phone lines were busy finishing with the ***Upgrade***! :biggrin

I tried to download it today but it stayed on 539. I hope it solves my guide issues.

Hey, LQQK! A few ways to force the software update is by pressing the Home/Menu button three times. Scroll down to Tools, then select Upgrade Software". Select "Upgrade Now" on pop-up 1573. If you do not have the latest software version, the receiver will reboot, go into stand-by, and then bring up attention 061.

Standard update process is to place the Hopper into standby mode by pressing the power button on either the receiver or remote. If you have Joeys, they also have to be in standby and there has to be an available tuner.

If a software update is needed, "Attention 061" will display within 20 minutes. Guide update may happen before the 061 message. If that is the case, allow guide to update in full, then allow an additional 5 minutes before 061 will appear. -Christina W.

LQQK, attached is a list of sequence of events when you do manual Hopper software update. Works every time for me, be patient.

Attachments

• 1 Software Update Sequence.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 212
  • 1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    1. Code 1573 Upgrade Softwarre.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 423
  • 2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    2. Hopper 3 Startup.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    3. DISH Screen Saver.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    4. Code 061 Vital program info now be downloaded-1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    5. Code 303 Waring Receiver's Memory Being Updated.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 6. Code 498 Attention  Updating Remote.jpg
    6. Code 498 Attention Updating Remote.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: LQQK and pattykay
Hey, LQQK! A few ways to force the software update is by pressing the Home/Menu button three times. Scroll down to Tools, then select Upgrade Software". Select "Upgrade Now" on pop-up 1573. If you do not have the latest software version, the receiver will reboot, go into stand-by, and then bring up attention 061.

Standard update process is to place the Hopper into standby mode by pressing the power button on either the receiver or remote. If you have Joeys, they also have to be in standby and there has to be an available tuner.

If a software update is needed, "Attention 061" will display within 20 minutes. Guide update may happen before the 061 message. If that is the case, allow guide to update in full, then allow an additional 5 minutes before 061 will appear. -Christina W.

My observations so far...as last evening progressed the interface (menus, info, guide descriptions, etc.) got slower and slower and slower and would sometimes take up to 30 seconds to populate by the time I called it a night. In addition when you would go to the DVR menu and choose a program to play that was recorded last night all we got was the sequential green boxes with no options

My observations so far...as last evening progressed the interface (menus, info, guide descriptions, etc.) got slower and slower and slower and would sometimes take up to 30 seconds to populate by the time I called it a night. In addition when you would go to the DVR menu and choose a program to play that was recorded last night all we got was the sequential green boxes with no options
I have U540 and have not seen any of the behavior you describe. Did you try pulling the plug to reset the box?

Reactions: charlesrshell