New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

Well everything went smooth as a baby's butt. Just wondering, did the people that had the receivers shipped directly to them for the swap. Are you guys returning your old remote with the old receiver? I have an 11 year old that sure is hard on remotes. It sure would be nice to have an extra laying around. Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'll gladly ship you my extra ones. I've got about 4 extra ones.

Well everything went smooth as a baby's butt.

Just wondering, did the people that had the receivers shipped directly to them for the swap. Are you guys returning your old remote with the old receiver? I have an 11 year old that sure is hard on remotes. It sure would be nice to have an extra laying around.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Naw, don't worry about returning the remotes.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Man this thing is sweet! I'm loving the snappier responses to button presses. This thing is turbo compared to my old hopper. I got both my OTA adapter and EHD hooked up and both are working flawlessly. And I'm sure it's all in the excitement of the new receiver, but I swear the picture even seems to be sharper.

The only "issue" I've noticed so far is the shows on the DVR and also on the EHD doesn't have the thumbnail pic of the show. I'm getting the generic blue screen with white outline with the name of the show only. And the channels in the guide don't have any logos. I'm hoping these items will appear by tomorrow.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the HWS so sounds like everyone likes them a lot compared to the normal Hopper? Also sounds like you can keep the old remotes as well which leads to my other question. I thought I read some where that your remotes kept your Timers so you can port them over to the new HWS correct? Also another thing I don't know how many are using the Thuuz App but I like it so far looks real similar to what is on the Hopper well once you choose your provider in the App it ask you if you want to sink with the Hopper but it must be connected through Wifi it seems. So since the HWS has built in Wifi sounds like some had issues with it and I use the HIC box to get my current Hopper and Joey to get connected to the web. If you use the Wifi on the new HWS will it pass the net connection to your Joey's or do you still need the HIC? Would be nice to be able to switch the HWS to the channel the game on using the Thuzz App. My only other fear is singing up for another 2yrs and the ESPN Dish deal in the next month or so does not end up working out. What is everyone thoughts?? I guess DIRT is the way to go to get this deal as well.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the HWS so sounds like everyone likes them a lot compared to the normal Hopper? Also sounds like you can keep the old remotes as well which leads to my other question. I thought I read some where that your remotes kept your Timers so you can port them over to the new HWS correct? Also another thing I don't know how many are using the Thuuz App but I like it so far looks real similar to what is on the Hopper well once you choose your provider in the App it ask you if you want to sink with the Hopper but it must be connected through Wifi it seems. So since the HWS has built in Wifi sounds like some had issues with it and I use the HIC box to get my current Hopper and Joey to get connected to the web. If you use the Wifi on the new HWS will it pass the net connection to your Joey's or do you still need the HIC? Would be nice to be able to switch the HWS to the channel the game on using the Thuzz App. My only other fear is singing up for another 2yrs and the ESPN Dish deal in the next month or so does not end up working out. What is everyone thoughts?? I guess DIRT is the way to go to get this deal as well.

If you're happy with dish I'd upgrade to the HWS. It's a night and day difference. The response is great compared to the first hopper. I worry about espn as well but I signed another 2 years so I'm stuck if something happens. I used dish chat and was offered 2 hoppers with sling free, 1/2 off movie channels another 6 months and 15.00 off for 10 months. Took that deal as it was a great one. Spoke with dish loyalty though to get it.

I had my power off from my receiver for a few hours and when I turned it back on the logos were there.

Well I woke up this morning and the logos have appeared in my guide. But unfortunately the shows on the DVR have not. Actually they did change somewhat. Now the boxes are completely grayed out with the word Dish in the center. The shows on my EHD have changed overnight as well. Instead of a pic or name of the show on the thumbnail. Each show has the channel logos on tiles. As a matter of fact. It looks like the same logos that filled my guide have also filled my EHD.

One diffrence I noticed is the picture quality when using Hopper with sling over my other Hopper which has the sling adaptor, to me I notice a much better picture when watching on my iPad with HWS then when using along adaptor

I am having a EHD issue which I am hoping dirt can resolve. The hopper that my EHD was connected to is the Hopper I am returning. When I go pull movies off the EHD now connected to the hopper, I get a error message indicating I can only have it on one account and I am at risk of deleting stuff if I proceed

Well I woke up this morning and the logos have appeared in my guide. But unfortunately the shows on the DVR have not. Actually they did change somewhat. Now the boxes are completely grayed out with the word Dish in the center. The shows on my EHD have changed overnight as well. Instead of a pic or name of the show on the thumbnail. Each show has the channel logos on tiles. As a matter of fact. It looks like the same logos that filled my guide have also filled my EHD.

Give it another day. It shouldn't be much longer since they are in the guide.

One diffrence I noticed is the picture quality when using Hopper with sling over my other Hopper which has the sling adaptor, to me I notice a much better picture when watching on my iPad with HWS then when using along adaptor

I am having a EHD issue which I am hoping dirt can resolve. The hopper that my EHD was connected to is the Hopper I am returning. When I go pull movies off the EHD now connected to the hopper, I get a error message indicating I can only have it on one account and I am at risk of deleting stuff if I proceed

Are you working with anyone on this? If not, shoot me a PM with your account information and the receiver R18 number.

That happened to me the other day when I replaced an H2K with a HWS. I just had to RBR the box and it recognized the HD.

So which is the best way to go deal with DIRT or Dish loyalty to get this upgrade??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)