New Uplink: BS(Bally Sports) in testing on Dish!

So those INFO channels (if they actually become available) are simply to officially let existing subscribers know that the RSN's are not coming back?
Here is my stab at it if they aren't coming back.... A lot of those uplinks 99.9% of people never see or know about what is happening behind the scenes. When they were called "INFO" that is when they drop the channel and there is the slate that says "so and so has removed this channel". Right now those channels are only used for the out of market sports packages, so Dish renamed them to their actual channels for people working at Dish so when they turn on channels for the out of sports packages, they link the right channel to the right team...And when Scott's connection looked at the data and not seeing full video on the info channels, it was probably when it was just a slate and not when the channel was active for a live game.

Ok, that is a stretch on my part, but I find it strange that they would rename just the Bally Sports RSN's from "INFO" to their actual names but not do it with MASN, Altitude, and the NBC RSN's (which are still all up there for the out of market packages). And, it seems awfully coincidental that it has been reported by many sources that the Sinclair locals package is up for renewal this summer and just the Bally Sports RSN's get the rename.

Why don't we table this and watch to see what happens. All these guesses aren't doing any good. If something remarkable happens then post it.
Have you seen the HBO/Cinemax thread? It has been going on much longer than this one, and it is nothing but guesses. As I said in that thread, I still think that someone from Dish reads this site and tries to gauge how much actual interest there is in these channels returning. So, the more activity there is in these threads, the more likely (even if it is ever so slightly more likely) that the channels will actually return. If you want these channels to return, then keep posting in these threads and keep them active. There is nothing else we can do to impact things, so we may as well make our voices heard here. If you do not want these channels to return, then you may protest by simply not posting in these threads, which is also the only action (or rather, inaction) you can take to impact things.

Again, I started these threads, so I will decide what is relevant, and when they are no longer serving any purpose.

Alternatively, rather than have separate threads on individual uplink topics, I have been considering doing a monthly thread about all interesting uplinks each month. This would be similar to my series of Free Previews threads. So, any discussion about any remarkable uplinks may take place there, if there is enough interest in having such threads each month. Let me know.

Ok, that is a stretch on my part, but I find it strange that they would rename just the Bally Sports RSN's from "INFO" to their actual names but not do it with MASN, Altitude, and the NBC RSN's (which are still all up there for the out of market packages).
Also, as I already pointed out, they did not bother to rename all of the Bally Sports Info channels. BS Great Lakes remains as just a plain INFO channel, for example.

I took Scott's "no plans on bringing back the Sinclair RSN's at this time" as confirmation of my earlier speculation that any such deal would jeopardize Dish's deal for the NBC O&O stations right before the Olympics. So, the earliest they would return would not be until after the Olympics. Meanwhile, with the Sinclair locals contract being negotiated, Dish still has to act like they are playing ball with Sinclair, to avoid having Sinclair take away the NBC affiliates that they own (along with all of the other locals owned by Sinclair) right before the Olympics. So, this renaming move simply indicates that Dish is playing both sides, trying to keep any existing deals in place (and/or get some short-term extension) until the pressure is off to have coverage of the biggest sporting event of the year.

Have you seen the HBO/Cinemax thread? It has been going on much longer than this one, and it is nothing but guesses. As I said in that thread, I still think that someone from Dish reads this site and tries to gauge how much actual interest there is in these channels returning. So, the more activity there is in these threads, the more likely (even if it is ever so slightly more likely) that the channels will actually return. If you want these channels to return, then keep posting in these threads and keep them active. There is nothing else we can do to impact things, so we may as well make our voices heard here. If you do not want these channels to return, then you may protest by simply not posting in these threads, which is also the only action (or rather, inaction) you can take to impact things.

Again, I started these threads, so I will decide what is relevant, and when they are no longer serving any purpose.

Alternatively, rather than have separate threads on individual uplink topics, I have been considering doing a monthly thread about all interesting uplinks each month. This would be similar to my series of Free Previews threads. So, any discussion about any remarkable uplinks may take place there, if there is enough interest in having such threads each month. Let me know.
I am sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

You think that Charlie went through the expense and trouble to upload HBO feeds to satellite so that he could spur a discussion on the internet, which he would then monitor to gauge interest in adding the channels?

There are so many problems with this idea I am not going to point them all out.

You think that Charlie went through the expense and trouble to upload HBO feeds to satellite so that he could spur a discussion on the internet, which he would then monitor to gauge interest in adding the channels?

No, I think that I went to the trouble to start the threads (which cost me nothing, and cost Charlie less than nothing) about these uplinks in order to start a discussion on the internet to see how much interest there is in these channels returning to Dish. Thanks for playing. :)

No, I think that I went to the trouble to start the threads (which cost me nothing, and cost Charlie less than nothing) about these uplinks in order to start a discussion on the internet to see how much interest there is in these channels returning to Dish. Thanks for playing. :)

51fgPkAoT6L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Think you are missing the point. Speculation posts on Satelliteguys is a pastime. DISH uploaded those hidden channels for reasons involving testing for possible carriage as they often do during negotiations of new (in this case returning?) channels. DISH may not make decisions based on what we post - but those of us here for a long time know sometimes it does have an effect. We are told about the hidden uploads and speculate, and yes hoping DISH sees it. That isn't DISH doing it so we would speculate and not what he was saying.
Posting was to spur a discussion/ speculation here on a fact that channel spots are uploaded for testing whether DISH does or does not see it or react to it.

Fine, I’ll put my two cents’ worth then. I may stand completely alone with this, but I don’t care if HBO or Fox Sports or whatever you want to call it ever return. One charged money upfront to show useless garbage on an endless loop, and the other charged money in the background to show standard-def repeats of sporting events I didn’t care enough about the first time around. I’m also not in a hurry to give Sinclair Broadcast Group any more attention than I need to.

I said my piece … I’ll move on now.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
As I speculated in another thread, based on some of the other changes being made in that same uplink report, it looks like any move toward Dish making a deal with Bally Sports may jeopardize Dish's existing deal with NBC. (Along the lines of NBC telling Dish "Wait, you are going to carry their RSN's? Then we want you to carry our NBC Sports RSN's too, and we'll pull our NBC and Telemundo affiliates off of your system until you bring back the NBC Sports channels.") With the Olympics coming up, I don't see Dish actually making any moves that would threaten to impact that coverage. So, I wouldn't expect the Bally Sports channels to return until after the Olympics at the earliest, and the AT&T RSN's may also disappear by that point also.

I took Scott's "no plans on bringing back the Sinclair RSN's at this time" as confirmation of my earlier speculation that any such deal would jeopardize Dish's deal for the NBC O&O stations right before the Olympics. So, the earliest they would return would not be until after the Olympics. Meanwhile, with the Sinclair locals contract being negotiated, Dish still has to act like they are playing ball with Sinclair, to avoid having Sinclair take away the NBC affiliates that they own (along with all of the other locals owned by Sinclair) right before the Olympics. So, this renaming move simply indicates that Dish is playing both sides, trying to keep any existing deals in place (and/or get some short-term extension) until the pressure is off to have coverage of the biggest sporting event of the year.
Hmmm... with today's uplink, the Olympics 4K channels that had been in testing are now No Longer Available. :(
No Longer Available
9962 OL4K1 Olympics 4K 129° TP 22 4K *TEST* Hidden
9962 OL4K1 Olympics 4K 72.7° TP 19 4K *TEST* Hidden
9963 OL4K2 Olympics 4K 129° TP 22 4K *TEST* Hidden
9963 OL4K2 Olympics 4K 72.7° TP 19 4K *TEST* Hidden

I wonder what happened?

Hmmm... with today's uplink, the Olympics 4K channels that had been in testing are now No Longer Available. :(
No Longer Available
9962 OL4K1 Olympics 4K 129° TP 22 4K *TEST* Hidden
9962 OL4K1 Olympics 4K 72.7° TP 19 4K *TEST* Hidden
9963 OL4K2 Olympics 4K 129° TP 22 4K *TEST* Hidden
9963 OL4K2 Olympics 4K 72.7° TP 19 4K *TEST* Hidden

I wonder what happened?
The test is done and they will be put up for the actual Olympics later this month.

After continued interest in this idea in my (former) HBO/Cinemax uplink thread, I decided to implement it. That thread had been my designated place for any further uplink updates for the remainder of this month. Then, that thread sadly disappeared. I could have used this thread for that purpose (It is a de facto "July uplink thread" since I did start it on July 1) but the discussion here has already gone too far off the rails. So, I have started the new thread below as a replacement:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)