New Viewsat firmware up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Ver 2061..for the extreme and platinium at the viewsat home page...maybe they are getting a message!

I will upload to my extreme tomorrow and If I see anything...will report it!
jeff

Rats...no More Serial Ports!

Geez, just sold off my old compter and bought a laptop and desktop (not building them anymore...these are cheaper and disposable!) One is a dual core Athlon, the notebook is an Athlon 64 Turion.

THERE ARE NO SERIAL PORTS. I will have to either get a pci card or if made, a usb to serial converter!...Amazing in the name of progress! (also known as the lowest bidder!):mad:

I am not able to upload the new factory firmware! Dreamboxes have Network capibilty I believe? But the viewsat may be or may not be worth the upgrade! Hope they put numbers on the Strength meters this time!

HAS ANYONE TRIED IT OUT...ANYTHING OBVIOUS. I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND $$ on serial port stuff if THERE ARE NO obvious IMPROVEMENTS!

It currently works fine and if it is not bronen...do not fix it!

Jeff

Last edited:
gizzer777 said:
Hope they put numbers on the Strength meters this time!

HAS ANYONE TRIED IT OUT...ANYTHING OBVIOUS.

Jeff

Well, I've run just about everything they've put out on the ViewSat. Generally, I'd say the most current .bin is OK. If by numbers on the S&Q meters you mean "%", thats still there. Just not on the info bar when you watch TV. USALS is pretty solid ( has an annoying habit of drifting back to the sat your last channel viewed was on while your in Setup ).

So far, I'd say its small things that need fixing. In my case, it seems that ViewSat still has problems with L.O. freqs on the Invacom Universal LNB and tuning some parts of the band. This is probably similar to another problem reported where the VS can't seem to handle a STAB120 in the path to the LNB. Both channel scans and Blindscan seem to work OK, outisde of my L.O. freq problems.

You just might want to give it a go.

Thanks!

Cold Winter said:
Well, I've run just about everything they've put out on the ViewSat. Generally, I'd say the most current .bin is OK. If by numbers on the S&Q meters you mean "%", thats still there. Just not on the info bar when you watch TV. USALS is pretty solid ( has an annoying habit of drifting back to the sat your last channel viewed was on while your in Setup ).

So far, I'd say its small things that need fixing. In my case, it seems that ViewSat still has problems with L.O. freqs on the Invacom Universal LNB and tuning some parts of the band. This is probably similar to another problem reported where the VS can't seem to handle a STAB120 in the path to the LNB. Both channel scans and Blindscan seem to work OK, outisde of my L.O. freq problems.

I am getting ready for a trip, wiil use some sort of adapter to flash the thing! if they did not do the numbers on the normal meter (not the install mewter) the older firmware is fine here!

thanks
Jeff

You just might want to give it a go.

Will add a port card to the pc and bring the Viewsat to it! Just will have to wait til my latest trip!

thanks
Jeff

Ive had the same complaint with laptops and the lack of REAL serial ports. I just can't figure out why they would NOT have such a great com port (RS232C). Anyway I wound up getting a PCMCIA card with two DB9 connectors on it. Works fine. They also have them with single DB9 connectors.
In my astronomy hobby, many things use 232 ports so I've started collecting older motherboards that have serial, parallel and USB ports. I plan to connect them all using PcAnywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)