New VIP-622 ... value if any?

Exactly. No retailer in their right mind would stock any and install them.
I kind of disagree, if a retailer is paying the same for a 622 as a 722 it would be foolish to inventory 622s. If the 622 is priced say $50 less then it might be a good buy for some of your customers. The 622 has a built in ATSC tuner, if refurbished and they all should be it has a warranty. 622 has dual tuners with PIP and a UHF tuner 2 output. Yes it has a smaller Hard Drive but external hard drive usage is free so an external hard drive can be added to expand storage at a reasonable cost.

ViP722x I can see. But ViP622? Those boxes can't be very reliable.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.
You're quite mistaken based on my use.
I have had the 622 I am using in service 5 years and it has never missed a beat.

Got the Hopper installed today and gave the 622 to the tech ... so far I see a major issue with the Icon method of the Hopper instead of listing the recordings! How can anyone even sort through the stuff in a logical fashion ..... we will find out I guess.

Reactions: jerryez and dare2be
Liked for the list view mention.

People like picture books as opposed to reading. :)

$75 is a whole lot more than a 320GB (correct me if I'm wrong) disk which (if you pull it) makes the 522 completely useless to anybody.
What ya smoking today ... TK 622 and it is a 500 Gb HDD

However, it is old technology so not worth much except to someone looking for one they can reformat into an existing machine since you can't hardly find them any more.

@Kraven ... hey thanks for the offer. Already had one guy wanting it for free so you high bidder ... LOL.

I am not trying to sell it BTW ...

I kind of disagree, if a retailer is paying the same for a 622 as a 722 it would be foolish to inventory 622s. If the 622 is priced say $50 less then it might be a good buy for some of your customers. The 622 has a built in ATSC tuner, if refurbished and they all should be it has a warranty. 622 has dual tuners with PIP and a UHF tuner 2 output. Yes it has a smaller Hard Drive but external hard drive usage is free so an external hard drive can be added to expand storage at a reasonable cost.

I will not install older equipment for customers unless it's for a FlexTV promotion or they want to purchase equipment outright and want a cheaper receiver. Even if I was making $50 more per receiver I think it's crappy doing that to a new customer. The other reason I wouldn't do it is because as a retailer we constantly get caught with old receivers that Dish no longer uses. So if I have four 622 receivers in stock and Dish says they will no longer use them after a certain date I am stuck with useless receivers unless I can sell them. This happened to us with the 942 receiver and we lost out on about $1500 as did a lot of other retailers. It's important to keep inventory donw on old receivers.

Reactions: TheKrell
What ya smoking today ... TK 622 and it is a 500 Gb HDD

However, it is old technology so not worth much except to someone looking for one they can reformat into an existing machine since you can't hardly find them any more.

@Kraven ... hey thanks for the offer. Already had one guy wanting it for free so you high bidder ... LOL.

I am not trying to sell it BTW ...

a VIP622 is a 320GB drive, NOT a 500GB.

Got the Hopper installed today and gave the 622 to the tech ... so far I see a major issue with the Icon method of the Hopper instead of listing the recordings! How can anyone even sort through the stuff in a logical fashion ..... we will find out I guess.
I agree, Iphones have apps, which are cool, but having programs that look like apps sucks. I want my lists back. Regretfully, everyone is jumping on the app bandwagon. Lists are old school, so we will never get them back. Dish should at least give us an option to use lists or Icons. I guess next we will have touch screen tv and we will have to get up and run over to the tv to touch the programs to watch them.

I complained about the lack of a list. I now prefer the icons. Grouping and visual ID is nice.

a VIP622 is a 320GB drive, NOT a 500GB.

Well it certainly isn't important and it is gone so can't verify :sorry. I was certain that it said I had to transfer 470 Gb of recording to the external ... took a looooong time too!

I have read that the 622 had a 250 Gb HDD also ... but I guess I just don't know for sure now.

@ TK ... me either, but I have been known to sip a fine wine occasionally and drink a beer (or few) !

Not together, I hope!
;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts