New Voom Customer

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
Hi all, I'm new the forum, been reading it ever since I got my voom installed, so I thought i might as well post.

If anyone is interested, i got it installed int he Hermosa Beach California area. Installation was a nightmare, took the guy 5 hours, he was very unprepared, not having log enough ladders, and he seemed to have a real hardtime getting the satellite feed.

But now the installation is over, and i have to say, i'm pretty impressed. Picture quality is great. I haven't requested a new OFA, and i have no problem recieving all local channels. Finally got the box updated lastnight, so all my experience has currently been with the first software version. Every now and though the box seems to loose the satellite signal, and I have to reset the box. That could be because I left it on all the time, and maybe they fixed this issue with the new software. So just thought i'd give everyone my opinons.

djjsin said:
Hi all, I'm new the forum, been reading it ever since I got my voom installed, so I thought i might as well post.

If anyone is interested, i got it installed int he Hermosa Beach California area. Installation was a nightmare, took the guy 5 hours, he was very unprepared, not having log enough ladders, and he seemed to have a real hardtime getting the satellite feed.

But now the installation is over, and i have to say, i'm pretty impressed. Picture quality is great. I haven't requested a new OFA, and i have no problem recieving all local channels. Finally got the box updated lastnight, so all my experience has currently been with the first software version. Every now and though the box seems to loose the satellite signal, and I have to reset the box. That could be because I left it on all the time, and maybe they fixed this issue with the new software. So just thought i'd give everyone my opinons.

Welcome to Voom. I'm in Santa Monica and was installed in May.

You should go to this thread and post there too.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=14260&highlight=los+angeles

Very interesting

Interesting, now that i have the upgraded box (after some initial problems that were worked through), i check my satellite signal, and it is firmly at 97, when before it was at about 60-65

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)