New Voom Dish!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DCXFORDGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
This is most likely what voom will use to see both birds. Here are some pic's of dish and north of the border DSR-500! The top dish.

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 403
Is the clock going to turn on with the software download? The clock on mine isn't active, how is your active already??

DCXFORDGM said:
This is most likely what voom will use to see both birds. Here are some pic's of dish and north of the border DSR-500! The top dish.
You may want to separate the two STB's. Both units may be damaged from inadequate ventilation.

jimmykce1 said:
Is the clock going to turn on with the software download? The clock on mine isn't active, how is your active already??

Thats the Canidian version of the same box VOOM uses, While VOOM boxes have the clock built in VOOM has opted not to use that feature.

HeavyC said:
Anyone know when they are going to start upgrading Dishes?

Nobody on this forum seems to know, though there is plenty of speculation.

Nice dish, here is a picture of a similar dish of the same size, this wise customer had it painted the same color as his home before I could get it up there, its hard to see it from a distance, it did not affect his signal at all.

Attachments

• Pict0001.JPG
    Pict0001.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 263
bryan27 said:
That's a shame. I wouldn't mind having the clock on with an option to turn it off if one didn't want it.

This has been talked about before and many solutions were suggested, alas, Voom has said that they will not support this feature

When I shot that picture the DSR-500 is powered on and clock appears but when the unit is turned off the clock does come on, just wanted to clarify. You can't see it but there is a small computer fan that is foam mounted to speed the air up behind the rca and the dsr-500. I will be posting the back and different pictures because both Voom and Starchoice are very close, here in canada we do not have a access card but you guys have one. Here are some more pic's of dish, notice the size and length verus the directv dish, I am very sure this is the dish voom will use, it is smaller then the superdish but not buy much. Starchoice also uses samsung for lnb's, I am not sure what voom uses?

Attachments

• DSC00088.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC00092.JPG
    DSC00092.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC00093.JPG
    DSC00093.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00094.JPG
    DSC00094.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC00096.JPG
    DSC00096.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 181

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)