New VOOM HD website coming soon...

riffjim4069 said:
The VOOM10 pack is nice, but I sure do I sure do miss Cinema10. Hopefully we can watch a lot content being added to those channels...and they will return bigger and better than before. :yes
I agree. I so miss the HDCinema. I don't want to complain much, because it is nice to have some of the Voom channels at least, but I'm really hoping that Dish really does eventually offer them all. And while I'm hoping, I would also like to see them go back to the alternating two movies a day on each channel when the HDCinema10 reappears. I don't expect many people to agree with me on that one, but I liked knowing that if I missed a showing, or could only watch part of it, I could always catch up later in the day or at the crack of dawn the next morning.

As far as the actual topic of this thread goes, I'll welcome a new Voom originals website -- especially if it contains info about plans for the channels and their content/format and who else might carry them eventually, etc.

blah now that voom isn't a Satellite service, i could care less about them or there channels. Only monstersHD and tank is good. Maybe Natural born killers, clock work orange, easy rider were good, but there are so few good movies its not even worth it to me. Main reason i liked voom was for the tnt hd, universal hd, and all the premium channels with east and west coast feeds.

They are dead to me

lol

djjsin said:
blah now that voom isn't a Satellite service, i could care less about them or there channels. Only monstersHD and tank is good. Maybe Natural born killers, clock work orange, easy rider were good, but there are so few good movies its not even worth it to me. Main reason i liked voom was for the tnt hd, universal hd, and all the premium channels with east and west coast feeds.

They are dead to me

lol

Yea same here...... For some reason the voom transfer doesnt excite me one bit and could care less its on E*... What did excite was the whole voom experience, the cool remote that lights up, the cool menu display....yes voom21 was a kick ass bonus and the east and west feeds of HBO's etc were great... I would have people over and they would be like 'damn' whats this voom all about... Did you rip out the internals of your tv and make it a fish tank, lol...I.E the tank channel...

What drives me nuts is all these E* subs that have been subs for awhile with E* could of had these channels along time ago with voom and probably voom would still be in business..

I just picture some redneck in alabama in the sticks that has had E* just for the wrestling....and says "Hey Hun whats all this HD about with E* now, I wonder if they got wrestling HD"

djjsin said:

They are dead to me

lol
Interesting. You're in the VOOM-21 Programming Forum in a thread called New VOOM HD website coming soon.... kinda strange for someone who claims not to care about Voom or their channels. Seems they're not quite dead to you at all.

SkyAngel is a service I don't care about. You can tell because I don't bother going there to read and post. Really doesn't matter to me what's going on over there. You're more than welcome to stick around here and slam Voom as far as I'm concerned, but why pretend you don't care? It's obvious you do.

phatbastard said:
Yea same here...... For some reason the voom transfer doesnt excite me one bit and could care less its on E*... What did excite was the whole voom experience, the cool remote that lights up, the cool menu display....yes voom21 was a kick ass bonus and the east and west feeds of HBO's etc were great... I would have people over and they would be like 'damn' whats this voom all about... Did you rip out the internals of your tv and make it a fish tank, lol...I.E the tank channel...

What drives me nuts is all these E* subs that have been subs for awhile with E* could of had these channels along time ago with voom and probably voom would still be in business..

I just picture some redneck in alabama in the sticks that has had E* just for the wrestling....and says "Hey Hun whats all this HD about with E* now, I wonder if they got wrestling HD"

Different strokes for different people. I rather have the 10 movie channels over Showtime/Starz/TMC/... The only premium channels that are worth the money today are HBOHD (because of the original series) and CinemaxHD (because they have a lot of good movies in HD). The 10 movie channels are not even at a premium level fee when compared to the premium channels today and offer the best in HD movies for those of us who are interested to see 60's--2002's movies that are not in the premium movies. Along with HDnet movies they are a treasure to have to those that care about movies. Again if you are not into movies, yes you are right they mean nothing to you. But I am not too much into sports and NFL ticket season means nothing to me. Again different strokes for different people.

P.S. Of course there are the other channels which are not about only movies but offer a variety of programming that is worth the price.

I must admit that I was tempted to downgrade Va Va VOOM simply because the premium movie channels sucked...literally; my wife and I could never find a movie worth watching! On the other hand, Cinema10 was a treasure chest of great, good, and not-so-good films and movies that couldn't be seen anywhere else (certainly not in HD). With E*, we have subscribed to America's Top 180 and two things are obvious:

1. We don't miss HBO, SHOW, MAX or Starz (still miss EncoreHD, but the channel is history)
2. We do indeed miss Cinema10: Family, World Cinema, KungFu and Gunslingers.

As much as I love the 942 HD DVR, I must admit that I too miss the VOOM PG and remote. :(

I always thought the Ciname 10 were dumb because I've never heard of any of the titles playing. But once I had the channels and were able to give them a chance and watch them I've enjoyed the risk of sitting down and enjoying some movies I've never heard of :)

i enjoyed the kung fu channel.. I was hooked when i saw, i think it was called 'little kids of shaolin'.. that was hilarious

phatbastard said:

I live in the south in a trailer park full of single E* dishes. If Voom sports channel would have had "wrasslin", everybody would have had a second dish at 61.5, even if they didn't have an HDTV.

djjsin said:

They are dead to me

lol

TheTimm said:
Interesting. You're in the VOOM-21 Programming Forum in a thread called New VOOM HD website coming soon.... kinda strange for someone who claims not to care about Voom or their channels. Seems they're not quite dead to you at all.

SkyAngel is a service I don't care about. You can tell because I don't bother going there to read and post. Really doesn't matter to me what's going on over there. You're more than welcome to stick around here and slam Voom as far as I'm concerned, but why pretend you don't care? It's obvious you do.

It doesn't sound like djjsin is really "more than welcome to stick around" to me based on TheTimm's post. But I don't care (and I'm not pretending)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)