New VOOM HD website coming soon...

fksammons said:
It doesn't sound like djjsin is really "more than welcome to stick around" to me based on TheTimm's post. But I don't care (and I'm not pretending)
I can only speak for myself, but yes he really is more than welcome to stick around here and slam voom if he'd like -- I find posts like that interesting and look forward to reading them. Oddly enough, I enjoy hearing from points of view that differ from mine. It was the statements about not caring that struck me as odd when his presence in the forum and posting on the topic is clearly evidence to the contrary.

And you obviously care at least enough to post your opinion. If you really didn't care, why would you bother sticking your nose in here and posting about our posts? There's nothing wrong with caring about something or finding something interesting enough to warrant giving it some thought and then posting about it. So you care about whether or not I really feel that djjsin is welcome here...so what? Where's the shame in that? No need to deny it. It's okay. No need to pretend you're not pretending... :D

Now, what's the topic here again? Oh, yeah... new Voom HD website. So where/when is it? Kinda looking forward to it. :D

Trock62 said:
I love having MonstersHD back but I HATE the DISH remote control...what a pain in the $&#^@(*!+$%@)&|+ ass to negotiate...
I'm having some trouble getting used to it as well. With the Voom remote, my thumb just seemed to naturally go where it was supposed to. Not so with Dish's remote. A backlight would really help it out, too.

Trock62 said:
I love having MonstersHD back but I HATE the DISH remote control...what a pain in the $&#^@(*!+$%@)&|+ ass to negotiate...
I really liked the VOOM remote, but it was missing a few badly needed buttons IMO. The remotes with the 811/942 aren't too bad, but why they don't have a backlight feature is beyond me. (still haven't found time to reprogram my Home Theater Master remotes).

TheTimm said:
I'm having some trouble getting used to it as well. With the Voom remote, my thumb just seemed to naturally go where it was supposed to. Not so with Dish's remote. A backlight would really help it out, too.

A backlight would be very nice so are ye listening Charlie????

TheTimm said:
I can only speak for myself, but yes he really is more than welcome to stick around here and slam voom if he'd like -- I find posts like that interesting and look forward to reading them. Oddly enough, I enjoy hearing from points of view that differ from mine. It was the statements about not caring that struck me as odd when his presence in the forum and posting on the topic is clearly evidence to the contrary.

And you obviously care at least enough to post your opinion. If you really didn't care, why would you bother sticking your nose in here and posting about our posts? There's nothing wrong with caring about something or finding something interesting enough to warrant giving it some thought and then posting about it. So you care about whether or not I really feel that djjsin is welcome here...so what? Where's the shame in that? No need to deny it. It's okay. No need to pretend you're not pretending... :D

Now, what's the topic here again? Oh, yeah... new Voom HD website. So where/when is it? Kinda looking forward to it. :D

Okay... you win. I really do care. Everyone that posts anything on the www cares about something. I hope you feel better now.

I'm so used to the Dish remote since that's all I ever had, I found the Voom remote very cumbersome. With the Voom remote, I always had to turn on the light to find the keys I wanted and instead of hitting Info, I was always hitting the 2 or Watch key.

I would prefer a backlit remote for Dish, but I know the Dish remotes well enough now that I don't need it.

fksammons said:
Okay... you win. I really do care. Everyone that posts anything on the www cares about something. I hope you feel better now.
Feel better? Nah... I don't even care. :D
Good post, fk. While I stopped short of lol'ing, it did make me smile.

TheTimm said:

I've been using a programable backlit universal remote for years. Had to reprogram a few extra keys when I had Voom since there was no Sat code for it. When switched to E*, just changed the Sat code again and was up and running.

Don't use the backlit feature much because I have a low volt nightlight instead in one of the receptacles of a pole lamp. Use that light for either the remote or to highlight my wireless internet keyboard like I am doing right now.

DarrellP said:
I'm so used to the Dish remote since that's all I ever had, I found the Voom remote very cumbersome. With the Voom remote, I always had to turn on the light to find the keys I wanted and instead of hitting Info, I was always hitting the 2 or Watch key.

I would prefer a backlit remote for Dish, but I know the Dish remotes well enough now that I don't need it.
VOOM was my first DBS provider so it's vice-versa for me. The E* remotes with the 811/942 are easy enough to operate, but I still find myself fumbling around after sunset...and cursing them for not having a backlight feature. I have two Universal Home Theater Master remotes (SL-9000 and MX-700), but they are still setup for VOOM. I want to make sure the wife is comfortable using the E* equipment for just watching TV. So far, she hasn't complained.

riffjim4069 said:
I must admit that I was tempted to downgrade Va Va VOOM simply because the premium movie channels sucked...literally; my wife and I could never find a movie worth watching! On the other hand, Cinema10 was a treasure chest of great, good, and not-so-good films and movies that couldn't be seen anywhere else (certainly not in HD). With E*, we have subscribed to America's Top 180 and two things are obvious:

1. We don't miss HBO, SHOW, MAX or Starz (still miss EncoreHD, but the channel is history)
2. We do indeed miss Cinema10: Family, World Cinema, KungFu and Gunslingers.

As much as I love the 942 HD DVR, I must admit that I too miss the VOOM PG and remote. :(
Family Channel?????? How many times can u watch FLIPPER????????

Dog6869 said:
Family Channel?????? How many times can u watch FLIPPER????????
When I was a kid I could watch it every day! This was my favorite series! ;)

Yes, indeed... It looks like June 24th and june 25th will be two days to look forward.

"This June, George Romero will breath new life into the dead with his long awaited final installment in the "Dead" Series, LAND OF THE DEAD... and MonstersHD celebrates this landmark with two days feast of legendary zombie movies 'Night" til "Dawn". plus take an exclusive journey to the land of the dead with the original HD production "DREAM OF THE DEAD: the making of Land of the Dead".

wwww.monstershd.com

...just wanted to add that I miss not being able to see new content being displayed for the upcoming month. Speaking of content...when is Rave going to add some new context? I'm sure Rave is nice for new VOOM HD Pak subscribers, but the programming has been looping more than the Indy500 the past two months. :confused:

I don't even bother to flip to RAVE anymore. Once in a while I'll check the guide on the off chance that Sheryl Crow or Alison Krauss is showing, but other than those I think I've seen all the concerts about as much as I care to. And how tough could it be to scare up a new video or two?

riffjim4069 said:
...just wanted to add that I miss not being able to see new content being displayed for the upcoming month. Speaking of content...when is Rave going to add some new context? I'm sure Rave is nice for new VOOM HD Pak subscribers, but the programming has been looping more than the Indy500 the past two months. :confused:
RushHD is getting old as well. How many times can they run Utah Rampage. Except for the soccer games what is happening with this channel. Also, Guy TV is now a mixture of all of the Cinema10 movies. Is there really any new content being produced or was this just a away to get people to buy the 942 ? ;-)

As Sean has posted in the VOOM21 Programming area, some new content has been added to Monsters and the newly morphed Cinema 2, but VOOM hasn't added much else to their other channels. I'm sure [hoping] this is temporary due to their shutting down VOOM DBS and retooling to become a programming only service. From a business standpoint this actually makes cents (pun intended) since most VOOMers will tolerate being nickled & dimed (I'm on a pun roll) for a couple months...after all, this is largely new stuff for E* subscribers.

Today is June 8th...how long does it take to stand-up a website that was already there? :confused: Still looking for VOOM.COM...

I completely agree with you guys. There have been 'new' content added to the three HD movie channels but 'zero' to the other 7 channels. I do not think they can keep this up for too long becomes the content on those 7 channels will be worthless if nothing is added soon. This is OT but I remember that when VOOM had the 11 Movies Channels (10 HD Cinema + Monsters), they were adding about 30-40 movies per month on the average. So far this month 24 'new' movies for 3 movie channels. HDnet movies added 12 'new' movies in June and 13 'new' movies in May. In April they added 14 movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts