New Voom/ReplayTV user (noob question)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allmanbro2517

Original poster
May 5, 2004
Hi everyone, this forum is great. I recently got Voom and love it, I have some gripes about the guide (the fact that every time you bring it up, it starts at 100 no matter what station you are on :mad: ), but other than that, I think it's great. Unfortunately I live in an area that can't really get any local stations, so I also have basic cable to get my (non HD) networks.

Recently (last night) I setup WIRNS (Ver 0.7) and was able to get my Replay (5504) to talk to it and it pulls the channel lineup just fine, but it does NOT get any of the program info, all of the Voom stations are now just blank boxes for program. I'm able to change to the stations, but I just don't know what's on and what I am watching. Has anyone seen this before? I did a full update (took about 30-45 min) and it takes forever to update the zones within ReplayTV and then comes up like normal, I see the stations, just not what's on. Anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking of switching to the "beta" version of WIRNS, anyone have any luck with that?

Thanks for the info in advance and I'm sorry if I missed this subject in a prior thread, I've been doing some searching for a while (here and AVS) with little to no luck.

Thanks again,

Kip

Hrm... very odd. Are you sure you followed the WiRNS setup steps correctly so that it populated that database?

madpoet said:
Hrm... very odd. Are you sure you followed the WiRNS setup steps correctly so that it populated that database?

Yes. I'm pretty sure I did everything. I've done it a few times. I followed the instructions that came with the software and went step by step. I'm going to give it another try when I get home again. I'm going to delete the whole database and such and try it one more time. I hope to get it working. I just don't understand why the actual station names show up but no programing.

Kip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)