New Voomer! Have Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

UPEngineer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Chickasha, OK
I am set to have my Voom installed on Tuesday (5/26). I am going to have to get into my attic and run some cat5 cable for computer near an outlet that will be used for my VOOM. I have a bunch of RG-6 cable. I was going to run two lines using this cable while I am in the attic to save the installer from having to do it (if he would even do this) since it is already in the 90's here.

I have been told to properly ground the system, a cable with the ground wire on it will have to be used. My cable doesn't have this. Is this correct and should I even mess with it or let the installer do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott Alexander

P.S. I can hardly wait. I hope it is worth the wait!!!!! :)

Don't know but the installer gets paid to do all this for you. Sit back and relax and let him do his job. Then give him a beer.

grounding

If the installer doesn't have a NEC ground location to bond to, especially in your attic, then I suggest you invest into a satellite surge protector. that will create a safe ground for all the connections, assuming you have 3 wire outlets to plug it into. Expect a possible charge for the installer to access your attic. It's not part of the "FREE" standard installation.

Agreed.

The installler can make a nice extra buck (from Voom) for installing a grounding post. But if attics are involved, be prepared for an upcharge. Given the weather in my area right now (sizzzzzle) I don't begrudge them the $.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts