New York locals in HD - Philly Metro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SweepTheLeg

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Hi everyone - this may be an overcomplicated question so I'll try to drill it down as simple as possible.

I moved to an area where I'm in the Philly metro. As a New York Sports fan, this is kind of bad because I can't watch the Jets on a regular basis in HD. (I also prefer watching the Giants over the Eagles)

My question is this - DirecTV says you can get all of the Big Four New York Stations in High-Def in the Philadelphia market as part of the HD Access Package. I wanted to confirm if this is true. (Start around Channel 80, I believe)

I tried calling DirecTV to confirm and they basically wanted my credit card info before answering my questions.

I know getting Sunday Ticket is the ultimate solution to this problem, but I wanted to see if I can avoid getting Sunday Ticket for the time being.

So, in a nutshell:

Are the New York Locals in High-Def (WABC-DT, WNBC-DT, WCBS-DT, and WNYW-DT) available on DirecTV in the Philadelphia metro, and if so, how do I access them/get them? (Channels 80-89)

Thanks!

You can only get them if you are in an area in which you cannot receiver your local stations OTA and they are not carried by Directv. Since Directv carries the Philly locals, you are out of luck (thanks to Congress and the NAB). Google "SHVERA" for more information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)