New York Yankees

I've been in the Detroit area for a few days visiting family. Looking forward to seeing Comerica for the 1st time.

Let me know how your experience is.
I was to Comerica 4-5 times the year it was being built, use to go to the "Hockeytown Cafe" across the street then off to the Red Wing games.

My buddy I use to go with has since passed away and I haven't been back since.

Jimbo

Sidekick, I was just pointing out the power of the NY Media. They are the most influential media in the world. So now that we have passed the Mariners, are you going to root for them see how that benefits your damn yankees? Enjoy the game and the park, not to mention all the great restaurants and bars nearby. Or you can stop by my house, I'm just up I-75 a couple of miles. Exit 55 in Hamtramck. Just knock at every door till you find me.;)

Sidekick, I was just pointing out the power of the NY Media. They are the most influential media in the world. So now that we have passed the Mariners, are you going to root for them see how that benefits your damn yankees? Enjoy the game and the park, not to mention all the great restaurants and bars nearby. Or you can stop by my house, I'm just up I-75 a couple of miles. Exit 55 in Hamtramck. Just knock at every door till you find me.;)

Quite an embarrasing game he saw, possibly worse than the Lions today ...

Jimbo

A-Rod (clearly the MVP), love him or hate him - his season is truly amazing.

Yanks extend their wild-card lead again today!

But had they not been messing around the first 2 months of the season they could get in on their own merits, winning the division ....
I'd rather the Tigers beat Cleveland in the division than beat NY for the WC.

Jimbo

Actually, I had a great time at the stadium. The game was a bit of a blowout, but the stadium as a whole was great. Great hot dogs btw. Bonderman clearly was off his game, but it was fun sharing the moment with my brother. And hey .... the Lions won!

Quite an embarrasing game he saw, possibly worse than the Lions today ...

Jimbo

A-Rod (clearly the MVP), love him or hate him - his season is truly amazing.

Yanks extend their wild-card lead again today!

This from the NY fans that dispised him last year .... even booed him when he didn't do anything wrong.

How fickle you NY fans are, last year you did not want him within city limits.

Jimbo

Actually, I had a great time at the stadium. The game was a bit of a blowout, but the stadium as a whole was great. Great hot dogs btw. Bonderman clearly was off his game, but it was fun sharing the moment with my brother. And hey .... the Lions won!

Unfortunatly, at this time the Tigers cannot count on Mr. Bonderman, maybe next year, hopefully later this year, I would seriously consider skipping him a round of two.
As much as I have like him and have backed him all along, I think this year is over for him being productive.

Jimbo

This from the NY fans that dispised him last year .... even booed him when he didn't do anything wrong.

How fickle you NY fans are, last year you did not want him within city limits.

Jimbo

This is the most ridiculous post you have made. You have a nerve making it seem as if ALL fans for a team say or think the same way.

Yes, there were fans (and in the minority I might add) that booed him, and mostly it was drummed up by the press really - but 2 things, I NEVER DID, I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED HIM, and second, those fans that DID boo him are clueless. His season last year (while not A-Rod like) was actually a damn good season.

I am not in any way a fickle fan. But I gues its always easier to blame your own teams failures on something else, starting by calling others names.

But had they not been messing around the first 2 months of the season they could get in on their own merits, winning the division ....
I'd rather the Tigers beat Cleveland in the division than beat NY for the WC.

Jimbo

Messing around? Have you not read your own whining posts about how hurt your team was a few weeks ago?

You don't remember the injuries to the pitching staff that the Yankees had for the first 6 weeks of this season?

I know it hurts when your team comes up short, stop the sour grapes.

Sidekick, I saw you on TV at the game. Why didn't you come and visit me, I waited all evening for you!

This is the most ridiculous post you have made. You have a nerve making it seem as if ALL fans for a team say or think the same way.

Yes, there were fans (and in the minority I might add) that booed him, and mostly it was drummed up by the press really - but 2 things, I NEVER DID, I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED HIM, and second, those fans that DID boo him are clueless. His season last year (while not A-Rod like) was actually a damn good season.

I am not in any way a fickle fan. But I gues its always easier to blame your own teams failures on something else, starting by calling others names.

When A-Rod would come up to bat last year , all you heard was the loud boos going his way, whats a fan watching on TV to think.

I never said YOU were one of them, but I know that most were highly against him, EVEN in the PLAYOFFS last year.

I personally, have always liked him.
I watched him when he had Griifey and Johnson also on his team.

Jimbo

When A-Rod would come up to bat last year , all you heard was the loud boos going his way, whats a fan watching on TV to think.

I never said YOU were one of them, but I know that most were highly against him, EVEN in the PLAYOFFS last year.

I personally, have always liked him.
I watched him when he had Griifey and Johnson also on his team.

Jimbo

1) They (the media) control the volume of crowd noise.

2) You certainly did say I was one of them, you need to re-read how you wrote your reply to me - saying it was from the NY fans that despised him last year (wrong - it was a post from ME, and I have never booed or despised him).

3) I live here and I wouldn't say MOST were highly against him last year. Some were highly against him. Every fan has their own take on it IMO.

1) They (the media) control the volume of crowd noise.

2) You certainly did say I was one of them, you need to re-read how you wrote your reply to me - saying it was from the NY fans that despised him last year (wrong - it was a post from ME, and I have never booed or despised him).

3) I live here and I wouldn't say MOST were highly against him last year. Some were highly against him. Every fan has their own take on it IMO.

The Media controls the TV VOLUME, crowd noise ???

Jimbo

The Media controls the TV VOLUME, crowd noise ???

Jimbo

Of course, they have microphones all over the stadiums, they absolutely control the volume of crowd noise you hear in the background - they can increae it to make it sound louder, or decrease it so you really can't even hear it.

Of course, they have microphones all over the stadiums, they absolutely control the volume of crowd noise you hear in the background - they can increae it to make it sound louder, or decrease it so you really can't even hear it.

Yes but the network has the master volume control ...
So your saying that the NY fans were not booing him mercilessly last year.
A-Rod himself came out and talked about it, saying that he would have thought he would have support from thehome team fans.

Ok.

I'm done

Yes but the network has the master volume control ...
So your saying that the NY fans were not booing him mercilessly last year.

Ok.

I'm done

No - listen to what I AM saying. There were indeed fans booing him last year. But I went to 6 or so games, I watched pretty much the other 156 (give or take). I read the New York papers every day (sports). I watch the NY news almost every day.

It was certainly a minority of the fans that were booing him - NOWHERE near a majority. But were they vocal - YES (sic). And these people booed him long and loud. But most did NOT.

But this was stirred mostly by the 2 NY ragsheets (Daily News, and NY Post), with their everyday negative coverage of him. The story that makes the headlines (just like in EVERY aspect of our life today) is the one that SELLS.

Ok - now I AM DONE.

No - listen to what I AM saying. There were indeed fans booing him last year. But I went to 6 or so games, I watched pretty much the other 156 (give or take). I read the New York papers every day (sports). I watch the NY news almost every day.

It was certainly a minority of the fans that were booing him - NOWHERE near a majority. But were they vocal - YES (sic). And these people booed him long and loud. But most did NOT.

But this was stirred mostly by the 2 NY ragsheets (Daily News, and NY Post), with their everyday negative coverage of him. The story that makes the headlines (just like in EVERY aspect of our life today) is the one that SELLS.

Ok - now I AM DONE.

Good point ...
It's odd how the NY newspapers find out about things way before the locals do, they were the ones that reported the VIOCK incident first, I think they actually have thier own police dept. there.
You continually hear news : According to the NY ..... it is being reported ...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)