New York Yankees

Tigers Valuation = $292 Million
Detroit Tigers, Baseball Team Valuations - Forbes.com

Yankees Valuation 1.2 BILLION
#1 New York Yankees - Forbes.com

So try and tell me George Steinbrenner has it wrong. He bought the team for about 10 million as I recall!

How many baseball teams are there between the Yankees and Tigers, outside of Boston ?

btw, don't look at franchise value, look at the money spent in the last 5 years. Mr. Illich has stepped up BIG time.

btw, Sco, how's you NY hockey teams doing in the last 10-15 years.....
Oh ya, I thought so, your right it STINKS NOT WINNING WHEN YOUR USE TO IT.

Jimbo

Go Tigers
Go Red Wings

How many baseball teams are there between the Yankees and Tigers, outside of Boston ?

btw, don't look at franchise value, look at the money spent in the last 5 years. Mr. Illich has stepped up BIG time.

btw, Sco, how's you NY hockey teams doing in the last 10-15 years.....
Oh ya, I thought so, your right it STINKS NOT WINNING WHEN YOUR USE TO IT.

Jimbo

Go Tigers
Go Red Wings

I'm not really a hockey buff - so it is not an issue for ME personally. But I do tell my freinds that are, that the BIGGEST disgrace in sports are the Knicks and Rangers. Both have the highest payrolls and neither ever make the playoffs.

But going back to baseball with that same data - spending the most DOESN'T directly mean success. The Yankees spend a lot, but have made lots of good decisions, and have made the playoffs for 12 straight years so far - and that IS pretty good.

BTW - how is your FOOTBALL team doing? (they are also right up there with BIGGEST disgrace aren't they?).

PS - why wouldn't someone look at franchise value?

Mariners are already out of it and the Tigers are STILL only 3.5 back.
Mariners would have to make up 3 games on Detroit AND also get past the Yankees and THAT's not gonna happen.

Jimbo

Its only ONE game difference between the Mariners and Tigers where it counts - in the loss column. Since they don't play each other, it is certainly possible they can pass the Tigers.

Its only ONE game difference between the Mariners and Tigers where it counts - in the loss column. Since they don't play each other, it is certainly possible they can pass the Tigers.

Out of the playoffs, is out of the playoffs. Really doesn't matter who finished ahead of you at that point.

I'm not really a hockey buff - so it is not an issue for ME personally. But I do tell my freinds that are, that the BIGGEST disgrace in sports are the Knicks and Rangers. Both have the highest payrolls and neither ever make the playoffs.

But going back to baseball with that same data - spending the most DOESN'T directly mean success. The Yankees spend a lot, but have made lots of good decisions, and have made the playoffs for 12 straight years so far - and that IS pretty good.

BTW - how is your FOOTBALL team doing? (they are also right up there with BIGGEST disgrace aren't they?).

PS - why wouldn't someone look at franchise value?

What football team? We haven't had a team in Detroit for 50 yrs.
DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!
Them Jets were really impressive last week:rolleyes:

I stand corrected, I looked at the GB and didn't consider the loss column, good point Sco.

Jimbo

The game today was a downer for the Yanks. They sure showed the effects of playing a 4 1/2 game. The Sox on the other hand looked fresh. The Yankees middle relievers weren't too impressive. It looks like Henn is the new Procter.

Either god is a yankee fan or one is controlling the power in my area.

There were no power problems Friday night, when the Yankees had that incredible comeback to win the game 8-7.

Saturday, my local FOX station lost the HD feed in the top of the 8th. A few minutes later every UPS in my house started to beep.

I couldn't even listen to the audio using MLB.TV, since the power spike knocked out my RoadRunner connection for a while as well.

At least I was able to switch to my DirecTV box and catch the bottom of the game in SD. By the time of the top of the 9th, the HD feed was back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts