New York Yankees

Yankees win 12-11 in 10.

I do hope they leave Farnsworth OFF of the post season roster. I can't believe how bad a guy with his stuff can be. Throws 100 mph, but the pitches are down the middle with NO movement.

Major league hitters can catch up with the speed - NO PROBLEM. If the ball ain't shaking and baking, speed DON'T MATTER.

Pretty much the reason the Tiger's traded Farnsworth a couple of seasons ago.

Wow, I just woke up and the TIGERS are STILL in it, I thought they were out of it when Cleveland won the first game of thier series 2 weeks ago !!!!

Of course I'm partially kidding, I know with a Yankee win or a Tigers loss it is officially over.
Overall, not a bad season considering all the injuries the team went thru.

Before you Yankees fans jump on me saying that you had injuries too, let me point out that it's much easier to have injuries early when you have time to get everyone healthy and go on a run.
Quite a run the Yankees went on after the first 2 months....

I believe the Tigers had what they were counting on as thier original Starting line up on the field twice all year.

Jimbo

Before you Yankees fans jump on me saying that you had injuries too, let me point out that it's much easier to have injuries early when you have time to get everyone healthy and go on a run.
Quite a run the Yankees went on after the first 2 months....

Jimbo

It was a great finish by the Yankees -

About the injury piece - it may be better to have your injuries early, but it is no SMALL feat to come back from 9 1/2 games back.

Anyhow - until next year.

It was not only 9.5 lead to overcome but there were 7-8 teams in front of them. That is harder to overcome because you do not control your destiny with these 7-8 teams. Luckily for the Yanks these 7-8 teams did not have a grea second part of the season.

No doubt it was great team play from the end of May on. They really took no prisoners since the All-Star break.

Who would have thought (in their wildest dreams) that the Yanks would clinch a playoff spot BEFORE the Mets this year?

And, that's IF the Mets even make the playoffs. I hope they do - I would love another subway series.

No doubt it was great team play from the end of May on. They really took no prisoners since the All-Star break.

Who would have thought (in their wildest dreams) that the Yanks would clinch a playoff spot BEFORE the Mets this year?

And, that's IF the Mets even make the playoffs. I hope they do - I would love another subway series.
/B]

Let's not get greedy here. Share with the rest of the country.

Subway series is NOT gonna happen, sorry to dissapoint ya.
Too many variables have to fall in place for that to happen.

The AL could go to ANY team this year.
I don't think the Mets are going to get by Arizona.

Jimbo

Jimbo

They might not get past Philadelphia, according to the Mets thread.

Jimbo

First - and no real offense meant. Your prognastication for this season has already proved false. Meaning - your guess is as good as anyones.

Second, things like a subway series are part of baseball lore, and thus ordained every so often.

I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, I really only want it to see my Yanks sweep the Mets. Second best would be Yanks beating ANYBODY in NL.

First - and no real offense meant. Your prognastication for this season has already proved false. Meaning - your guess is as good as anyones.

Second, things like a subway series are part of baseball lore, and thus ordained every so often.

I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, I really only want it to see my Yanks sweep the Mets. Second best would be Yanks beating ANYBODY in NL.

No offense taken !!!

My prognostications are NO different than any one else's are.
No one knows for sure, if they did they'd head to Vegas :)

You had a subway series not toooo long ago.

Only problem with that would be , no one outside of NY would be interested, unless you were rooting against a team (Red Sox fan) ...

Jimbo

No offense taken !!!

My prognostications are NO different than any one else's are.
No one knows for sure, if they did they'd head to Vegas :)

You had a subway series not toooo long ago.

Only problem with that would be , no one outside of NY would be interested, unless you were rooting against a team (Red Sox fan) ...

Jimbo

For one - it is a fact that there are Yankee fans everywhere on this planet. And Yankee haters as well. That makes them the prime choice by FOX.

And it would have much higher ratings than any ALL California series, or midwest series would have I feel.

Agreed. A Mets v. Yankees series would be far bigger draw than say Cleveland v. Diamondbacks yawwwwwnnnn.

For one - it is a fact that there are Yankee fans everywhere on this planet. And Yankee haters as well. That makes them the prime choice by FOX.

And it would have much higher ratings than any ALL California series, or midwest series would have I feel.

Agreed. A Mets v. Yankees series would be far bigger draw than say Cleveland v. Diamondbacks yawwwwwnnnn.

IN NY , sure.
I suppose you would have more people watching just because it's the Yankees, what happens when the Indians beat thenYAnkees and the Diamondbacks win the NL ?

They will unfortunatly get the same respect and viewership that the Tigers and Cards got last year.
It just proves that the BEST TEAMS don't always get the best ratings ... Alot has to do with teh Media not covering anyone other than the EAST COAST.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts