New York Yankees

The Yanks take another one from Seattle. Arod homers twice in the same inning!!!!!

This is ALL I heard about today on the sports radio ....
I like A-Rod , but enough is enough.
Not much was said when Magglio did the same thing about 3 weeks ago.
It was talked about a bit, but NOTHING like the NY Media machine.

Jimbo

This is ALL I heard about today on the sports radio ....
I like A-Rod , but enough is enough.
Not much was said when Magglio did the same thing about 3 weeks ago.
It was talked about a bit, but NOTHING like the NY Media machine.

Jimbo

You're looking at the reason why Maggs doesn't stand a chance of winning the MVP.

MLB awards are many times subjective to the media hype. The media makes a huge impact on this hype. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is.

As far as the Yankees pitching is concerned, there are only two pitchers in their current staff that can possibly give you a good start -- Pettite/Wang. After that you need to close the door and start praying that anyone will keep you in the game. They will not make it very far in the playoffs. Even though it is quite true that whomever is hot in October is the one that usually has a good off season.

You're looking at the reason why Maggs doesn't stand a chance of winning the MVP.

If A-Rod does win the MVP, it won't be because he didn't earn it -he has. He's having a helluva season. If the Yank's get to the playoffs and the Tigers don't, the choice will be clear. If the situation is reversed though, Maggs deserves more than serious consideration, but the NY media will make sure that A-ROD gets the award anyhow. The East coast Media is very powerful, and ESPN doesn't help with there "everything NY" coverage.

Yep ... it's all a conspiracy :rolleyes:

If A-Rod does win the MVP, it won't be because he didn't earn it -he has. He's having a helluva season. If the Yank's get to the playoffs and the Tigers don't, the choice will be clear. If the situation is reversed though, Maggs deserves more than serious consideration, but the NY media will make sure that A-ROD gets the award anyhow. The East coast Media is very powerful, and ESPN doesn't help with there "everything NY" coverage.

The problem is, unless either the tigers or the mariners sweep, the yankees are still likely to gain at least one game in the WC standings.

Go KC.

I'm just tired of hearing "sour grapes" from people. Whenever their favorite team or player doesn't win at something, it's always a conspiracy. That kind of crap gets old fast. Sometimes it's just about skill and ability.

Thats partly becaue NY teams buy all the best players and cry if they don't win an award.

A-Rod has had a great year, but Maggs has also had an equally awesome year.

Wasn't it the NY fan that Detested A-Rod, booed him endlessly didn't want him on the team ect, ect, ect. ..... Now suddenly (this year) they love him.
Talk about fickle fans ....

Jimbo

Sorry, but that's BS. I didn't hear Jeter crying when he didn't get it last year. ARod just hit #50 today and has better stats in most categories than Ordonez with the exception of B.A. I agree that Ordonez is having a great year, just not as good as ARod. Here's the league rankings for ARod and Ordonez:

AROD:

<table class="bgBdr" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bgHdr1"><td colspan="2">LEAGUE LEADERS</td></tr><tr class="bgHdr2" align="center"><td width="50%">League Rank</td><td>MLB Rank</td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 10 (tied) in AL in AVG (.315) </td><td>Ranks 20 in MLB in AVG (.315) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 13 (tied) in AL in H (161) </td><td>Ranks 25 (tied) in MLB in H (161) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in RBI (135) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in RBI (135) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in R (128) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in R (128) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 in AL in SLG (.658) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in SLG (.658) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in TB (336) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in TB (336) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 12 (tied) in AL in SB (22) </td><td>Ranks 25 (tied) in MLB in SB (22) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 8 (tied) in AL in BB (81) </td><td>Ranks 17 in MLB in BB (81) </td></tr></tbody></table> <!-- end Player League Leaders Stats -->
ORDONEZ

<table class="bgBdr" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bgHdr2" align="center"><td width="50%">League Rank</td><td>MLB Rank</td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in AVG (.354) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in AVG (.354) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in H (186) </td><td>Ranks 2 in MLB in H (186) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in RBI (121) </td><td>Ranks 2 in MLB in RBI (121) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 5 (tied) in AL in R (103) </td><td>Ranks 8 in MLB in R (103) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in 2B (46) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in 2B (46) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 3 in AL in SLG (.590) </td><td>Ranks 5 in MLB in SLG (.590) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in TB (310) </td><td>Ranks 4 in MLB in TB (310) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 16 (tied) in AL in AB (525) </td><td>Ranks 31 (tied) in MLB in AB (525) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 14 (tied) in AL in BB (68) </td><td>Ranks 26 (tied) in MLB in BB (68)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thats partly becaue NY teams buy all the best players and cry if they don't win an award.

A-Rod has had a great year, but Maggs has also had an equally awesome year.

Wasn't it the NY fan that Detested A-Rod, booed him endlessly didn't want him on the team ect, ect, ect. ..... Now suddenly (this year) they love him.
Talk about fickle fans ....

Jimbo

Sorry, but that's BS. I didn't hear Jeter crying when he didn't get it last year. ARod just hit #50 today and has better stats in most categories than Ordonez with the exception of B.A. I agree that Ordonez is having a great year, just not as good as ARod. Here's the league rankings for ARod and Ordonez:

AROD:

<table class="bgBdr" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bgHdr1"><td colspan="2">LEAGUE LEADERS</td></tr><tr class="bgHdr2" align="center"><td width="50%">League Rank</td><td>MLB Rank</td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 10 (tied) in AL in AVG (.315) </td><td>Ranks 20 in MLB in AVG (.315) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 13 (tied) in AL in H (161) </td><td>Ranks 25 (tied) in MLB in H (161) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in RBI (135) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in RBI (135) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in R (128) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in R (128) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 in AL in SLG (.658) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in SLG (.658) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in TB (336) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in TB (336) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 12 (tied) in AL in SB (22) </td><td>Ranks 25 (tied) in MLB in SB (22) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 8 (tied) in AL in BB (81) </td><td>Ranks 17 in MLB in BB (81) </td></tr></tbody></table> <!-- end Player League Leaders Stats -->
ORDONEZ

<table class="bgBdr" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bgHdr2" align="center"><td width="50%">League Rank</td><td>MLB Rank</td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in AVG (.354) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in AVG (.354) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in H (186) </td><td>Ranks 2 in MLB in H (186) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in RBI (121) </td><td>Ranks 2 in MLB in RBI (121) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 5 (tied) in AL in R (103) </td><td>Ranks 8 in MLB in R (103) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 1 (tied) in AL in 2B (46) </td><td>Ranks 1 in MLB in 2B (46) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 3 in AL in SLG (.590) </td><td>Ranks 5 in MLB in SLG (.590) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 2 (tied) in AL in TB (310) </td><td>Ranks 4 in MLB in TB (310) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 16 (tied) in AL in AB (525) </td><td>Ranks 31 (tied) in MLB in AB (525) </td></tr><tr class="bgC" onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';"><td>Ranks 14 (tied) in AL in BB (68) </td><td>Ranks 26 (tied) in MLB in BB (68)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ok, I'll take the cop out ....
Look who A-Rod has around him all year, he should be doing this all the time.
As for Jeter, he didn't wine because he's a classy guy ...

Jimbo

There's no cop-out... I agree he's a classy guy. But you were the one who said they're crying all the time when they don't win an award. You can't have it both ways ... Regarding ARod, are you saing that the Tigers don't surround Maggs with good players? They look pretty good to me ...:) By the way, looks like i jumped the gun, ARod hit #50 "and" 51 tonight.

Ok, I'll take the cop out ....
Look who A-Rod has around him all year, he should be doing this all the time.
As for Jeter, he didn't wine because he's a classy guy ...

Jimbo

There's no cop-out... I agree he's a classy guy. But you were the one who said they're crying all the time when they don't win an award. You can't have it both ways ... Regarding ARod, are you saing that the Tigers don't surround Maggs with good players? They look pretty good to me ...:) By the way, looks like i jumped the gun, ARod hit #50 "and" 51 tonight.

Well the guy that makes the Tigers go, this year is Sheffield and he's been out about 2 months this year.
He puts the swagger in the Tigers, did you notice how much they struggled without him in the line up for the last 20-30 days ?

actually my point that I made earlier was directed towards the fact that when ever they need a player they just go out and buy the best player available and they get alot of awards because they play for the Yankees.

That said, they have managed to get some good players from the farm of late.

Jimbo

The problem is, unless either the tigers or the mariners sweep, the yankees are still likely to gain at least one game in the WC standings.

Go KC.

Tigers have won the first two against the Mariners and 4 in a row now, Yankees keep winning too.
Indians are not out of sight either, 4 GB if the Angels beat them tonight, they were 7 back last week.

Jimbo

True, the Yankees farm system has really helped them in the pitching department. Kennedy, Hughes, Ramirez and Joba have done a pretty good job so far. Gonzales and Duncan have also done a good job. Also don't forget where Cano, Cabrera and Phillips came from.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)