New Zinwell 6x16 Multiswitch delayed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
I talked to Zinwell today and was told that this product, which was due today (7/20/06) has been delayed.

The reason given was that D* had not approved it. So Zinwell pulled the launch. The rep did not know what the specific holdup was, but it seems we will wait a while longer.

Maybe Spaun, who has promised "August" will get theirs out first.

Directv needs to be more worried about their own equipment when it comes to lousy mpeg 4 quality.

Questioner said:
Directv needs to be more worried about their own equipment when it comes to lousy mpeg 4 quality.

Agreed, but let's not limit ourselves to D*, sadly, the bottom line is the only thing _any_ of these providers seem to worry about. :\

I don't blame them for caring about making a profit, that's what they do, nor do I expect a provider to overcome every technical or logistic problem instantly (I am sure if these were not issues, D* or E* would have no problem providing full quality HD), imo, if there is anything to be upset about, it is the lying and deception, and taking advantage of people who help HD become an affordable reality (supporting HD by purchasing HD technology in its early stages, regardless of the cost and issues).</opinion>

Last edited:
herdfan said:
I don't know. Some of the old Sony receivers had a built in destacker for use in MDU's. The internal destacker might not play well with the new multiswitch since D* is stacking Ka bands in frequency areas that the old stacking systems used.

Old receivers would only be able to tune the Sat A/B/C signals, so as long as a Sony with an internal destacker (A/B 3, 4, 50, 55, 65, 65A or HD-100) was set in standard mode, that shouldn't present a problem.

I remember that the old Sony receivers had trouble powering of-air antenna preamplifiers in systems that used diplexers that passed power on both legs. That would be cause for concern with the unpowered WB68 if it draws more current than does a 4x4 unpowered switch, but I wouldn't think the powered WB616 presented the same load problem.

You may recall that RCA receivers used to somehow overdrive certain Phase3 lnbs. I think the 22KHz signal was too strong and would bleed over from one internal switch to another, and I have had problems with JVC 2x16 multiswitches sending out too powerful a 13 volt source for the odds and sometimes for the evens, so the problem could be that the Sony Receivers voltage level or tone signal power are too close to the detection threshold of the WB616 as it was manufactured, and so its tolerances may have to be slightly adjusted to assure reliable performance with the entire array of old receivers.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)