New!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putty_tat007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
I am going crazy and I hope someone can help me. I purchased a Coolsat 4000 Pro , HH90 Stabb motor and a 36" Fortec Star dish with a dual KU LNBF FSKU2v. I had everything installed for $450.00 hard earned dollars. I can't see anything but a few Arab and Asian shows. I need to be able to enter the freq for a specific station. For example Satmex 5 freq 3971 but when I try I receive invalid freq try again. when I type it in it shows a 03.971 and I can't change that. How the heck do I do this? I was told I can get TV from South America and so far just one fishing program from Argentina ( I live in Southern California). Also how do you view the stations, if I ever find one in full screen? The manual is worthless and I am not a hobbyist. This isn't fun for me :(
Can anyone help me PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:
$450! For the install! No wonder my phone is ringing day and night!

The Freq. (3971) is for C-Band! Thats those big Black dish you see in folks back yards!

Your 36" dish will only work with KU signals.....

KU signals have 5 digits

C Signals have 4 digits

Don't give up!

Last edited:
putty_tat007 said:
The manual is worthless and I am not a hobbyist. This isn't fun for me :(
Can anyone help me PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!
FTA is a hobby for me, but my manual was worthless too. :)
Are you aware of the Lyngsat website? You probably are, but here it is anyway:
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html
You click on the link of any satellite and it will tell you if there are any free to air channels (a white box, with a red F, under video encryption.), and also the frequency to the far left. You want five digit frequencies for Ku, as Pete said.
Don't know anything else.
Good Luck!
Tim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)