Newbie: Good signal from dish, no transponder reading? Great pic

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shrtkank

Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Ok, I had a hr21 installed yesterday along with dish and cable runs.

Tech hooked up the HR21 and transponders should 80+ across each sat. Then next step was a software upgrade. After the upgrade, the transponder registered 00 readings for most of the transponders.

He checked a few things, then decided to install another HR21 from his truck. Again good transponder readings, do software update and then transponder readings of 00.

We decided to activate it and see what happens. Activate and great picture on all the channels!!

Check transponder levels last night and they are still showing 00

My assumption is that the software upgrade disabled valid readings of the transponders.

Is this a known issue or an issue I should even be worried about.

If you are getting great pictures then I wouldn't worry about it.

But how about resetting the receiver and trying again. There are many different modes to reset : soft and hard methods. Try hard method. Instruction is provided in the receiver manual.

Cool forum..! I just got DirecTV installed last week and I have been calling about this problem. I don't know how to tell DirecTV to cancel the software upgrade.

I had the same problem, but the receiver was reseting everytime I turned the TV on.

After calling D* he replaced the box and told me to cancel the upgrade, but after a while the box upgraded everything by itself. Before the upgrade I used to get 90 95 on every transponder, but after that they show 0.

The dish is fine and all the cabling is fine as well. I have a new receiver, let see what happens....

If you get a great pictures and sat signal don't worry about the tps readings; and you can totally forget about asking any company to cancel a software /firmware update unless it absolutely kills the hardware. Als,o be advised calling CSRs that read from scripts is not going to get you anywhere in the upper level, highly technical software update knowledge; it is not their business (not what they are trained for).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)