Newbie HD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwarhoo

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
I just purchased a 1000.2 Dish Network Satellite Dish and am wondering how to split the signals. Am I able to use a Dish Pro 34dp switch or do i have to use something else? In addition, how many and what type of swtiches I use to get a total of 6 rooms with satellite out utilizing three receivers, with only one of the receivers being HD. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Have not bought any recievers yet? Was looking for suggestions. WOuld like two bedrooms to be on one reciever, one bedroom and a bonus room to be on one reciever, and master bedroom and living room to be on one reciever with this being the HD receiver.

why did you buy the dish if you dont have the receivers yet? You do know that when you subscribe you will get the dish included :)

I already have service at old home with two 311 receivers, Just bought a new home with coax run throughout home into a central panel that sits on the outside by all the utilities. Don't want to contact dish network to "install" new service when I have installed numerous non-HD services in the past. Have been out of the HD satellite "circle" and now want to upgrade to a new HD TV with HD reciever and service. Thnks

Hmmm

Dish will almost certainly insist upon "professional installation" at no charge when you order your HD receiver. That will include the switches/dish(es)/cables to do the job. Most folks, not involved in installation on a daily basis, will wisely accept the option.