Newbie in Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
So I picked up a DVB PCI card, a old starchoice reciever and some sort of satelite signal meter at a garage sale. No dish yet, but have access to an old eliptical star choice dish. Wondering what I can ge t with this setup without spending anymore money at the moment (wanting to check out the hobby before I dump some cash into it)

If the "eliptical star choice dish" is atleast 31" then you should be able to pick up some or most of 97 Degrees West, lots of Ethnic programing is available there.

Take a look at TheList for an idea of what is available.

If the "eliptical star choice dish" is atleast 31" then you should be able to pick up some or most of 97 Degrees West, lots of Ethnic programing is available there.

Take a look at TheList for an idea of what is available.

Any idea if I could get g10?

The Starchoice dishes are the 60e and the 75e. I don't think you'd get G10R very well on the 60e but it shouldn't be an issue on the larger 75e.

The Starchoice dishes are the 60e and the 75e. I don't think you'd get G10R very well on the 60e but it shouldn't be an issue on the larger 75e.

Just got a 36" dish on ebay today .... will let ya know how it works out.

When it comes to getting started using a DVB card, you might want to give this thread a read:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/110023-what-do-i-have-what-can-i-get.html
It'lll save me from repeating myself. :cool:

Thanks Anole. Got a Digiwave DG7000 on ebay yesterday too, so now just waiting for stuff to show up (hopefully before the snow comes). I'll let you guys know how stuff turns out. Right now I'm thinking G10R, but am open to suggestions on other birds to aim at too.

If you are looking for any particular programming, or have an interest in any particular sports, or news feeds, you might mention that and someone may point you in the right direction.
I know there have been several new member join up lately, all of whom are specifically interested in some Dakota team.
We have experts on all games, teams, and news conduits. :rolleyes:

Also, ya might search the posts for words like "feeds".
While direct answers aren't given, there have been recent threads with some strong hints. :)

If you are looking for any particular programming, or have an interest in any particular sports, or news feeds, you might mention that and someone may point you in the right direction.
I know there have been several new member join up lately, all of whom are specifically interested in some Dakota team.
We have experts on all games, teams, and news conduits. :rolleyes:

Also, ya might search the posts for words like "feeds".
While direct answers aren't given, there have been recent threads with some strong hints. :)

Well I got my 36" digiwave dish and digiwave receiver. Made a stand out of wood and placed the dish next to the house about 2 feet off the ground. Remeasured everything and took the receiver outside. Had a 80% lock on g10R in about 3 mins. The receiver downloaded all the channels on the 11799 V 26657 transponder and I was watching I love Lucy and Jerry Springer by my compost bin. Got to run the coax to the TV room downstairs and do some fine tuning, but overall a good experience so far ... thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)