newbie needs help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
Hi,

A purchased a c-band dish system for a few bucks and installed it. The only problem is when I go to set the limits I get a message saying jack error no return pulse. The receiver is a general instrument i350. I think the wires on the back are correct, but I have no book. There are 5 wires grouped together(large red and white),orange,green,brown. An there are a smaller red and white and 2 round cable wires. Any suggestions would be helpful. The owner dident use the dish for a year and it worked then so maybe the motor is bad? I ditched cable for OTA and would like to tinker in FTA.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group :) there is a manual for the 350 in the manual section

usual configurations are like this

wires big red & white wire are M1 & M2
that should leave 3 other wires from same cable ( orange,green & brown)
brown = ground , orange = +5 & green = top hat symbol

Small group of wires = feedhorn ( usually Small black , small white & small red wires)
black is ground , white is pulse , red = +5 volts

before connecting or moving any wires look at the manual and see if your motor type is lysted for a more accurate detailed listing. page 41

Last edited:
Welcome to the group :) there is a manual for the 350 in the manual section

usual configurations are like this

wires big red & white wire are M1 & M2
that should leave 3 other wires from same cable ( orange,green & brown)
brown = ground , orange = +5 & green = top hat symbol

Small group of wires = feedhorn ( usually Small black , small white & small red wires)
black is ground , white is pulse , red = +5 volts

before connecting or moving any wires look at the manual and see if your motor type is lysted for a more accurate detailed listing. page 41

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The wiring is ok, but getting jack error no return pulse. There is a local guy here that works on them so I will keep my fingers crossed.

check wire connections ( for the sensor ) the three orange green and brown and make sure they are good ... thats the easiest check. if you have a meter check if has continuity.

its been a while but ones i used in the past only used two for the three wires. but it varies with motors/ actuators

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)