Status
Please reply by conversation.

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
Hi,

A purchased a c-band dish system for a few bucks and installed it. The only problem is when I go to set the limits I get a message saying jack error no return pulse. The receiver is a general instrument i350. I think the wires on the back are correct, but I have no book. There are 5 wires grouped together(large red and white),orange,green,brown. An there are a smaller red and white and 2 round cable wires. Any suggestions would be helpful. The owner dident use the dish for a year and it worked then so maybe the motor is bad? I ditched cable for OTA and would like to tinker in FTA.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group :) there is a manual for the 350 in the manual section

usual configurations are like this

wires big red & white wire are M1 & M2
that should leave 3 other wires from same cable ( orange,green & brown)
brown = ground , orange = +5 & green = top hat symbol

Small group of wires = feedhorn ( usually Small black , small white & small red wires)
black is ground , white is pulse , red = +5 volts

before connecting or moving any wires look at the manual and see if your motor type is lysted for a more accurate detailed listing. page 41

Last edited:
Welcome to the group :) there is a manual for the 350 in the manual section

usual configurations are like this

wires big red & white wire are M1 & M2
that should leave 3 other wires from same cable ( orange,green & brown)
brown = ground , orange = +5 & green = top hat symbol

Small group of wires = feedhorn ( usually Small black , small white & small red wires)
black is ground , white is pulse , red = +5 volts

before connecting or moving any wires look at the manual and see if your motor type is lysted for a more accurate detailed listing. page 41

Hi,

Thanks for the info. The wiring is ok, but getting jack error no return pulse. There is a local guy here that works on them so I will keep my fingers crossed.

check wire connections ( for the sensor ) the three orange green and brown and make sure they are good ... thats the easiest check. if you have a meter check if has continuity.

its been a while but ones i used in the past only used two for the three wires. but it varies with motors/ actuators

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)