Newbie - New to satellite

Panther61

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
North East, MD
Presently I am living in NH utilizing Comcast, with my HDTV and Motorola 6200. It's a breeze and I am pleased. Now I have to move :mad:

According to another forum, AVS, I stand very little chance of receiving local HDTV channels w/o a gigantic antenna at my new location (North East, Maryland), which is 50 miles each side of Philadelphia and Baltimore. It is right in the middle! Comcast has no plans to add HDTV in my small town. And the condo may/will frown on a large antenna set-up on top or alongside my condo.

But a Zoom dish is okay so is this set-up possible?

1 Zoom receiver for my HDTV
Comcast basic cable for my two other SD TV's

If the basic antenna that Zoom gives you for free fails to receive local HDTV OTA channels, can I utilize Comcast for local SD programming alongside Zoom on my HDTV? If so, how exactly does it work, cabling wise?

Thanks in advance, maybe I will find out what I have been missing w/o Comcast, although I may still need them after all.

Welcome to the forum, Panther61!

First of all, check www.antennaweb.org for your street address and see if you can get any HD OTA channels and what kind of antenna is needed. Voom might be able to provide an upgraded antenna for you, unless you need a real monster.

VOOM receiver doesn't have analog (NTSC) tuner in it, so you would have to connect your cable to a separate input of your TV set(s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts