newbie question about roof

Status
Please reply by conversation.

richk2

Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
I have been thinking for awhile about getting directv mostly because of the tivo integration as I have had a standalone tivo for many years but wish it had a dual tuner. Primarily my hesitation has been that directv costs more than cable particularly when you add how much more high speed internet will cost if I drop cable tv (plus there is the initial installation and directivo purchase costs). Anyway I think I am ready to eat the extra cost but then it occurred to me that my roof needs replacing probably within a year and I am hesitating again. Will the directv have to be reinstalled if I replace my roof? Sorry if this a dumb question.

I have had Directv for years and after several moves and a new roof myself I feel qualified to answer your question.

You will have to move a the satellite when they begin work on your roof. No big deal really. When my roof was being replaced I mounted the dish to a piece of 2'x2' plywood and set it in the back yard. this allowed me to still watch TV while they worked on the roof. You could mount it to the side of your house rather than the roof or mount it to the chimney.

The obstacle of moving your dish shouldn't be dreaded. You can pull up the tivo screen with your transponders on it and then just sweep the sky with your dish. Or have an installer do it. They cost like $25 to reinstall it. You can do it yourself or pay someone. I prefer to do it myself on my own time.

Chances are once you have experienced Tivo with Directv you wont go back to cable.

SS

If you need help just ask

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)