Newbie question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maddawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Ok, quick newbie question here. How do I listen to radio stations on my Pansat 2500A. Tried tuning to the channel, but no audio. Any help would be appreciated.

which ones?

some will automatically log in (like KEXP 90.3 on galaxy 10) or the radio staions on ExpressVu 91. All you have to do is hit the TV/Radio button (its at the top of the remote.

Some of the radio on Galaxy 10 you can do it two ways.
-There are radio hidden in the 2nd audio on WBIF, KTVC, KYPX and WMQF. Hit "Language" and go down to Language 2.
-Or you can manually program them in. Go into installation to advanced search and hit the satellite and go to the Audio PIDS and put in the audio PID from Lyngsat. It will register as "Ch A" but will have the audio. I did this to have a quick access to Lazer 93.3 :)

Thanks. Currently at work so I will try that when I get home. Wow.....response here is INCREDIBLE.

for the Galaxy 10 ones, I forgot a couple of items....the frequency and such

Do an advanced search and select the following
-Galaxy 10 as satellite
-11799 as frequecy
-V polarity
-26660 for symbol rate (S/R)
-change audio PID to XXX (list will be below)...dont change any other PIDs

then scan..it will show up under audio as "Ch A", which you can rename :)

44-Hot 96.5 (hip hop)
47-KRDE 101.1 (oldies)
294-Razor 93.3 (good old hard rock, metal, hair bands, etc)
297-KLEC 106.3 (dont remember what is on it)

'Berg,

Tried what you said about the radio stations. I am picking up something but it keeps cutting in and out. I did pick up a station from Seattle on G10, but it wasn't my knid of music. I scanned the Fr and Sr, grabbed a channel and edited in the APID, right? :confused:

It does work, just not well. Can't figure out why the signal is intermittent. I have all the music services from the 4DTV, but I like to listen to real stations, with DJs, news, weather and local happenings. If anybody knows where there are classic rock or blues stations located, let me know. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts