Newbie Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McBain

Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
I don't have HDTV now but may consider in the next 12-18 months. Is it worth paying the extra $20 for the triple LNB dish or should I just stay with the single and upgrade later if necessary?

Thanks,

McBain

It always a best practise to install once and have all the lines run now.. Why mess with it again, just get the upgraded one now, then all you do is upgraded the receivers and call in; everything else will already be done in advance..

I would wait, cause D* is going to launch new satellites later this year which will require new IRDs and a new dish. It'd be pointless to upgrade your equipment now then 6 months later have to get new equipment. I think the upgrades for existing customers will be free but given D*'s crappy record with installations, I'd just wait.

The new gear will be more than 6 mos away and more than likely will put an end to discounted HD/premium installs. This will almost certainly be seen as premium gear, and the cheapest way to get it when it does roll out will be to have the current premium gear already up and running for 6+ mos. New users will pay a heafty price to get into the MPEG4 gear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)