Newbie Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kaver13

Original poster
Dec 22, 2003
I appologize in advance if these questions have already been answered, but E* is not giving me any answers. I just got a new job and will be travelling alot so I am going to buy a laptop. Most of my questions concern transfering shows/files. Here is my setup.

1 811 HD
1 625 DVR
1 301

Questions

1. Can I attach to the 625 DVR via USB with a laptop and transfer files "shows" to the laptop?
2. If the laptop has tv tuner card can I record HD content through the 811 or other HD receiver.
3. Lastly, I put an antenna on my roof to get locals in HD, If I upgrade to HD DVR will it record over the air signals.

Thanks in advance for the help.:D

1) No
2) No (I presume your tuner card has the typical RCA or S-Video inputs. If so, that will be downconverted from HD on those outputs of the 811.)
3) Yes

Yeah and the best thing too do is to get your HD receivers on the new MPEG4 ones.. That way your all up to date.

2. Maybe? Don't they have new HDTV tuner cards for PC's now? Maybe not for laptops, but I am sure I have seen them somewhere. If so it could be possible. You would need component in, because I am sure you wouldn't be able to do it with HDMI.

2. Maybe? Don't they have new HDTV tuner cards for PC's now? Maybe not for laptops, but I am sure I have seen them somewhere. If so it could be possible. You would need component in, because I am sure you wouldn't be able to do it with HDMI.

If you can find any device in the retail market that records from component inputs, you'd be the first.:eureka

-sc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts