Newbie With A Quick Question

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
Hi, all!
Long time lurker...first time poster :)

I want to put another receiver in my RV. Back when I had "the other service" I just took the receiver out of the house and hooked it up to my camper...easy as pie. Now I have Dish Network and I have the TurboHD setup. I have a VIP722K in the front room which shares the garage set and a VIP222K in the bedroom for us and the kids' room. I was going to take the 722 on the road but because I have a single LNB dish (Winegard RM-DM46) I will only be able to point at one bird or the other which is no biggie, but I don't want to go through the hassle of "switch check" and I am not sure if it is going to cause me problems elsewhere. I am not interested in PPV (I have yet to use it) so the land line is of no concern..at least I don't **think** so. I can get a Solo 311 receiver for the RV but is this going to be a pain as well? Dish wants seven-bucks a month to add on the extra receiver. Even though the TV in the camper is an HD set I am not going to cough up the dead presidents just to get a triple-LNB dish for the HD programming. I really don't need the locals but at least **some** of my shows when I am away.

What is the best alternative in my situation?

Thanx again for a very informative site!

Bud Weaver

I agree
The 222 would be easier since the OP has a legacy LNB he would need two lines to the receiver (the 722) versus 1 for the 222

Sure you could get a 311 if you wanted but it would work the same in your setup as the 222 would

So the 222 should be okay with just one satellite at a time. Good. Heres a thought, is it possible to put a multi or universal LNB on my current round dish so I could pick up all thee birds for HD?

Thanx guys!

Bud

I use a 222 in mh, Dish 500 on tripod for 119 and 110. AAD for networks so have some HD and everything else I usually watch at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)