NewDirect TV Customer I Need Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eluxman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Maryland
I am a new Direct TV customer only 3 months. Only order 2 boxes when I ordered because thats all I had with cable and thought it was the same. I have 4 TV's. When the installer put everything in he told me that all I had to do was to get a splitter to hook up my other 2 TV's. WRONG!!! I need 4 boxes to run 4 TV"s no one at Direct TV ever told me that until it was too late. Up to 4 boxes are free with instilation and thats all I want but no one at Direct TV will help. I Have talked to them 4 times and sent 2 e-mails There position is that it is my falt that I let the installer just do 2 boxes instead of four eventhough they all agree that the installer misinformed me. Because it was not installed with 4 boxes I am not considered a new customer and they want to charge me $275 for boxes, shipping, and instillation. I have tried to reason with these people; had anyone told me that I needed 4 boxes I would have ordered them from the start. Who can I call to get this resolved. Its not there customer service, billing, or instillation. I've talked to all of them. Ready to cancel and try DISH

how long ago was your install?

call back and ask for a supervisor, then ask for the cancellation dept if the supv won't help.

They don't have to give you the extra 2 boxes, but you have a good case to convinence them, they should be free.

If you had gone through a local retailer you probably would have had 4 boxes installed. Once installed you are no longer a "NEW" customer and your foolishness will now COST you. Your price sounds high but you don't explain what equipment you are planning to buy. A D12 should be $70 plus switch and labor.

Of course you could cancel and go back to cable. Maybe the cable company would even pay your early cancellation fees.

You can use the "splitters" to connect to the other two TV's, as long as you don't mind two TV's will only be able to watch the same programming at the same time.

Otherwise yes you did not do your homework right. It is the most common knowledge that a separate box is needed for independent viewing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)