News Feeds - :-)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I have a spare 90cm KU FTA dish that I might put up if the weather holds up..... I would like to point it at a good news feed sat. Since I don't have a motor here, What sat would you recommend me pointing to? Understand that feeds come and go, I would like to point it at the sat that runs the most feeds.

Back in AZ, I have a motorized dish and I remember catching BBC America feeds from time to time. Don't remember what sat it was on.

Thanks!

Hmmm That's kind of like asking where the best fishing is... It depends

There are national feeds and there are SNG feeds from affiliates.

C BS is on 99
A BC is on 89
NB C is on 83, 72 and 103

afflilate feeds are very ephemeral and appear all over the place.

courtesy of P BS, BB C world news appears on 125. Montana PBS

I don't believe BB C America is FTA on Ku.

Aren't you going the wrong direction? Usually it's AZ in winter and Midwest in summer....

Aren't you going the wrong direction? Usually it's AZ in winter and Midwest in summer....

Thanks for the info.
Yea, I went the wrong way for sure I hate the cold here.
My wife's work sent her on a 1 year contract but it's almost over so were getting ready to go back. Can't be soon enough.

I usually keep my motorized dish parked at 99 for any news events. You can find Fox News Channel and CBS stuff there among others.

AB C NEWSNOW is pretty good newsy noise & is on 87W & there are some abc local stations that use this sat also. The signal from newsnow is almost as easy to find as one of the DN sats also.

Al Jazerra English is excellent for international news both for in depth reporting & for the lack of "tabloid" mentality. 97 W. This signal is more difficult to find, however.

I'd go for 99W also. Got hoaxed along with everybody else by the balloon boy show last week. CBS and Fox feeds on that sat, and if anything really news-like gets going-they usually put a local station from that area up on the sat. If you favor NBC, go for 103W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts