Nexstar launching Antenna TV spinoff network in September '21

Starting September 1st, Nexstar Media is launching Rewind TV, which will be a sister network to Antenna TV; Rewind will air shows mostly concentrated on 1980s and '90s sitcoms, particularly shows that Antenna currently have the rights to. Those shows include Growing Pains, Designing Women, Who's the Boss?, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, and new additions such as Caroline in the City, Suddenly Susan, and The Drew Carey Show. Meanwhile, Antenna TV will focus on the pre-1980s material they currently have, with some possible new additions, and the Johnny Carson Tonight Show reruns will remain there, including the post-1979 shows.

This will more than likely replace Court TV on the Nexstar/ex-Tribune stations that previously replaced that network with This TV a couple years ago.

Unfortunately more G rated junk TV Networks out there tripping each over for remaining TV G rated loving viewers, but nothing for us like me that prefer uncut free OTA that has to be open up by Lane duck FCC. :rolleyes: :hatsoff

Reactions: danristheman

Starting September 1st, Nexstar Media is launching Rewind TV, which will be a sister network to Antenna TV; Rewind will air shows mostly concentrated on 1980s and '90s sitcoms, particularly shows that Antenna currently have the rights to. Those shows include Growing Pains, Designing Women, Who's the Boss?, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, and new additions such as Caroline in the City, Suddenly Susan, and The Drew Carey Show. Meanwhile, Antenna TV will focus on the pre-1980s material they currently have, with some possible new additions, and the Johnny Carson Tonight Show reruns will remain there, including the post-1979 shows.

This will more than likely replace Court TV on the Nexstar/ex-Tribune stations that previously replaced that network with This TV a couple years ago.

Interesting. Our Nexstar station has both Court TV and well as Bounce. The contract with Scripps comes up in July, so I presume KOIN (Nexstar) will drop Bounce. I have been hoping they would bring back Decades. But Rewind does sound better than Bounce.

Reactions: Daniel Belgrave
As for Albuquerque's TV market since Court TV is on KLUZ-DT a Univision TV Network, it will stay there and the same time Twist will be added soon.

Rewind TV Network may land on 3 any Nextstar owned stations listed here...

KRQE-DT, KWBQ-DT and KASY-DT on September the 1st. :hatsoff

Reactions: Daniel Belgrave

This is sound fun!

I like this! I have really grown on LAFF TV, Antenna TV, and ME TV over the past year. This subchannel I really like! I am still waiting for the subchannel that has the TGIF lineup from ABC in the 80's and 90's on, or the 80's/90's cartoons that used to be on ABC, NBC, or CBS. I would love to see a subchannel that has Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Dinosaurs, Camp Candy, Captain N and Super Mario Bros, etc. I know they have been on various cable channels over the years, but I don't see them on anymore.

Unfortunately more G rated junk TV Networks out there tripping each over for remaining TV G rated loving viewers, but nothing for us like me that prefer uncut free OTA that has to be open up by Lane duck FCC. :rolleyes: :hatsoff
There are some shows that they will be showing that were originally rated TV-PG & TV-14, or at least would have been if the TV ratings system existed when the shows originally aired.

Reactions: ShawnHill1
WFRV-TV 5, the CBS affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin, will add Rewind TV to subchannel 5.4.

It looks like it is primarily shows that had long runs on Antenna TV.

There are still people out there that believe strong profanity (like "F-bombs," for example) has no place on broadcast TV since broadcast TV is not protected by freedom of speech like cable TV or satellite TV...

Rewind TV will have a stronger focus on sitcoms from the 1980s and 1990s, while Antenna TV will have a stronger focus on sitcoms from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.
I realize that. I am just saying that even though there are two channels involved it is still the same shows we have been seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts