Nexstar launching Antenna TV spinoff network in September '21

UPDATE: I just for news from the programming dept at KOIN stating, the info they gave me was incorrect. KOIN was planing 6.3 to be Rewind. But I just at the last minute they decided NOT to carry Rewind and to carry some sports channel called The Sports Grid. Hopefully I can find Rewind elsewhere. Disappointing news.

• Sad
Reactions: N5XZS and FTA4PA
I find that interesting to see Sports Grid, it is a local or national sport TV Network?

Sound like ESPN sports news like type Network to me...

May have to Google it! :hungry

Looks better that having a same old stuffs like Rewind TV Network which just shows same old stuffs like Antenna TV Network. :p:hatsoff

I find that interesting to see Sports Grid, it is a local or national sport TV Network?
Sports Grid is a gambling and fantasy tipster channel. It’s audio replaced the, much better IMHO, VSIN channel on SXM radio on New Year’s Day. The video is just a single camera pointed at the two tipsters in a radio studio, sometimes giving out picks, but mostly trying to sell subscriptions to their “services”. It is available free on Pluto, STIRR, and other such services.

It isn’t worth a cent, IMHO.

Reactions: Redbullsnation
Now I am wondering is Nextstar changed their mind about carrying Rewind TV Network, or just a experiment carriage of Sports Grid TV Network on local KOIN-DT in Portland, OR?

Going to have to keep eye my local station KWBQ-DT in Albuquerque's TV market to see anything new. :hatsoff

UPDATE: I just for news from the programming dept at KOIN stating, the info they gave me was incorrect. KOIN was planing 6.3 to be Rewind. But I just at the last minute they decided NOT to carry Rewind and to carry some sports channel called The Sports Grid. Hopefully I can find Rewind elsewhere. Disappointing news.
I know that KOIN has a fairly-new sister station in KRCW 32 (it was one of the Tribune stations that Nexstar inherited); it could be possible that Rewind ends up on KRCW's subchannel space, albeit right now it's an ATSC 3.0 lighthouse station.

They got my local remapped channel wrong it should say ch. 19.5 on KWBQ-DT in Albuquerque not 21.5, which is Roswell's station KWRB-DT's remapped channel 21.5! :p

Little blooper on their website!:biggrin:hatsoff

With the launch of Rewind TV this Fall, Antenna TV will drift from '50s/'60s/'70s/'80s/'90s programming + Johnny Carson to simply just '50s/'60s/'70s + Johnny Carson.

Rewind TV launches on a group of Nexstar affiliates in September with '80s/'90s programming (mostly from their old location at Antenna TV) plus a few newly-added '80s/'90s sitcoms never before seen on Antenna TV added to Rewind TV's schedule, including The Drew Carey Show and Becker.

While Antenna TV will continue to court an older demographic, their sister station, Rewind TV will grab the attention of a younger demographic of twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings.

Sports Grid is a gambling and fantasy tipster channel. It’s audio replaced the, much better IMHO, VSIN channel on SXM radio on New Year’s Day. The video is just a single camera pointed at the two tipsters in a radio studio, sometimes giving out picks, but mostly trying to sell subscriptions to their “services”. It is available free on Pluto, STIRR, and other such services.

It isn’t worth a cent, IMHO.

Totally agree.

I know that KOIN has a fairly-new sister station in KRCW 32 (it was one of the Tribune stations that Nexstar inherited); it could be possible that Rewind ends up on KRCW's subchannel space, albeit right now it's an ATSC 3.0 lighthouse station.
The contract that Tribune signed for Court TV runs out later than Bounce (6.3), so when Nexstar acquired Tribune stations, they have to live up to previous contracts. I presume sometime later Court TV will be switched to Rewind. Nexstar could add another diginet for Rewind if they wanted to as that is what KTLA 5 LA is doing, rather than dropping a diginet.

Reactions: ShawnHill1
With the launch of Rewind TV this Fall, Antenna TV will drift from '50s/'60s/'70s/'80s/'90s programming + Johnny Carson to simply just '50s/'60s/'70s + Johnny Carson.

Rewind TV launches on a group of Nexstar affiliates in September with '80s/'90s programming (mostly from their old location at Antenna TV) plus a few newly-added '80s/'90s sitcoms never before seen on Antenna TV added to Rewind TV's schedule, including The Drew Carey Show and Becker.

While Antenna TV will continue to court an older demographic, their sister station, Rewind TV will grab the attention of a younger demographic of twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings.

This is good news as Antenna TV will probably be adding more shows from 50s-70s then.

I was watching Rewind TV's channel previews, and they are serious about putting '80s and '90s shows on that channel...it's in their slogan for goodness sake!

The contract that Tribune signed for Court TV runs out later than Bounce (6.3), so when Nexstar acquired Tribune stations, they have to live up to previous contracts. I presume sometime later Court TV will be switched to Rewind. Nexstar could add another diginet for Rewind if they wanted to as that is what KTLA 5 LA is doing, rather than dropping a diginet.
This is probably what is happening at WDAF-TV in Kansas City, MO. They are still showing Court TV on Ch. 4.3 & TBD on Ch. 4.4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts