Nexstar Media Group threatens largest local station blackout in TV history, according to DISH

Guess you're fortunate to get it to work and I'm not. I installed Location Guard, set the fixed location to Atlanta and Locast still says I'm in a location outside of their service market.
Are you setting Location Guard with the Locast.org website window in focus and no VPN running?

Yes. I have fixed location in Location Guard set to Atlanta with Locast page open. No VPN running. Still gives me my correct geographical location in NC.
Odd... I wonder if your Internet provider is forcing a proxy setup that's blocking Locast's geo-location API from determining where Location Guard says you are.

I've tried it on 3 different connections. 2 public WiFi and my home internet. Neither work.
I'm at a loss then... Location Guard, NordVPN, and the Fake GPS app all work well here with Locast on my Verizon and AT&T cell Internet services and Spectrum cable Internet service.

Thanks to all for their informative info here.

Was never aware of the Locast.org website and it has now given us more than what Dish was giving us for our local channels. Dish never gave us 24 channels in our local package like that site does.

Nice to not be held hostage when these disputes arise, and if this works out as planned we may be dropping our locals with dish in the future.

A huge thanks to those who brought the site to my attention.

With the media pc connected to the 55” tv this will work out nice in the den.

Thanks to all for their informative info here.

Was never aware of the Locast.org website and it has now given us more than what Dish was giving us for our local channels. Dish never gave us 24 channels in our local package like that site does.

Nice to not be held hostage when these disputes arise, and if this works out as planned we may be dropping our locals with dish in the future.

A huge thanks to those who brought the site to my attention.

With the media pc connected to the 55” tv this will work out nice in the den.
If you have a need to record Locast and some other streaming programming, take a look at Stremium (formerly FitzyTV) - Streaming TV Platform & Cloud DVR. At $5/mo per 25 hours of recording, it works pretty well with apps for most streaming devices. IOS and Roku apps are in development.

I'm at a loss then... Location Guard, NordVPN, and the Fake GPS app all work well here with Locast on my Verizon and AT&T cell Internet services and Spectrum cable Internet service.
Why don't you get together by email and one of you give his phone number and call each other. That way it will be real time and you can maybe fix this.

Reactions: pattykay
Lost CBS and CW here, anyone try calling Dish to see if they're providing free antenna install?

I was told today that they would not offer antennas in my area, as they’ve determined signal wasn’t strong enough. I’m not sure what algorithm they’re using, but it’s broken. Given the size of this blackout, if it persists for very long, it’s going to be a big blow to Dish with its quickly dwindling subs. Good luck Dish Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: peggy97850
Nah. Locals aren’t as big a deal anymore. And more folks are learning to use antennas where they can get OTA, which is most.

Nah. Locals aren’t as big a deal anymore. And more folks are learning to use antennas where they can get OTA, which is most.

But neither is Dish. That’s the point, Dish’s relevance isn’t what it used to be either. Disputes to this degree could be difficult if long lasting. To your point, this may be a tipping point for a large group of subs to go to a streaming service, as these channels are often available there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)