Next Star Trek Movie to be a Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been three times; the most recent a month ago. Its still worth the money, for sure. :)

Did I hear right that the Hilton was coming down soon?

Attachments

• 100_0646.JPG
    100_0646.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 104
Did I hear right that the Hilton was coming down soon?

No, I do not think so. They just finished a major remodel of the actual hotel; I don't think they would tear it down. The Stardust just went boom a few weeks ago, and the Riviera, across the street, is scheduled to come down next year.

Dvr Alert, one of my Favorite Star Trek Movies is on Cinemax June 9th 4pm...Star Trek IV the Voyage Home...

One of my favorites too. I can't wait until they come out on HD-DVD.

Quinto, Nimoy Trek Casting Confirmed

J.J. Abrams, who is directing the upcoming Star Trek movie, confirmed the casting of Heroes star Zachary Quinto as a young Spock and surprised the audience with the announcement that original Spock actor Leonard Nimoy would also appear in the film. Abrams made the announcements at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 26.

"I certainly intend to bring my own spin" to the iconic role, Quinto told the audience of more than 6,000. "But it's nice to know [Nimoy's] behind it."

For his part, Nimoy praised both Abrams and Quinto, saying it was "logical" for him to join the project, in which he will reprise his most famous role. He signed off: "Live long and prosper."

Abrams said the movie will go into production in November. "The exciting thing for us, I think, is the ability to take this amazing world that Gene Roddenberry created ... and show [it] in a way that you haven't seen. ... And it's tricky, because this matters so much to so many people, ... and you can't screw it up."

Abrams added that the filmmakers are trying to find a way to include William Shatner, who played the original Capt. James T. Kirk, in the movie. "The truth is, it needs to be worthy of him," Abrams said. "So we're on that."

No one has been cast yet as the young Kirk. Star Trek is slated for release on Christmas 2008. —Patrick Lee, News Editor
Source: SCIFI wire

Its going to take a little bit for me to get used to the idea of Sylar from Heroes as Spock, but I guess once the ears go on it will be easier. :)

Abrams added that the filmmakers are trying to find a way to include William Shatner, who played the original Capt. James T. Kirk, in the movie. "The truth is, it needs to be worthy of him," Abrams said. "So we're on that."

How about in the background, on a TV shopping channel, touting a weight loss product? Acting school for pre-teens?

I weould of prefered the original crew reprising their roles, by way of computer animation. its that good today and quite possible. could of intergrated some of the older versions like kirk and spock.

who wouldnt like seeing harry mudd up to his old tricks, looking the same. or janice rand in a sexy costume young again.

eventually most tv shows will be animated computer constructs, not real except as images.

cost of poroduction high but no more nasty star troubles walk outs a contract disputes. the ideal women:) and men.. who cares......

but sexy and just right:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)