NextWave Navigator NCC500 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks - if there are no 22k on/off options I'll just have to get creative in my wiring. I'm not too worried about it.

Shawn

Do you still have C band? Was thinking you only had Ku now. The only analog box I know of that does things like 22khz and diseqc switching was the Satcruiser that had DVB/Analog in one unit. Those were also the only analogs I ever saw that could work with a Universal LNB properly.

Hi guys has you can see this is my first post here , But by reading all the post it seen we all got a NextWave Navigator NCC500 from the same seller . My receiver arrive November 15 and in less that 24 hour i was up and running also got a Pansat FTA working with it .But what i don't like is it does not have front panel display # . Do any off you knows if i put the front panel light display # will it work ? because i notice the light # display are missing .:hungry:

I know the differences are the 600 has the UHF remote and the front panel display. I see where the hole is taped over in the back for the UHF. Haven't looked inside to see if the board behind the front panel is just depopulated or not. If so, yes I'd bet you could solder the correct components in there to get a working front panel.

Do you still have C band? Was thinking you only had Ku now. The only analog box I know of that does things like 22khz and diseqc switching was the Satcruiser that had DVB/Analog in one unit. Those were also the only analogs I ever saw that could work with a Universal LNB properly.
The polar mount / actuator is out there without the dish on it. the ribbon cable is coiled up behind the entertainment center. It'd be worth putting the big dish back up if I could move it. It's currently parked on G1.

I sold the 4DTV, sold the C/Ku feedhorn etc.

I still have the ASC421 I could put on the BUD. I figure I'll have this box run the BUD and C-band LNBF. I'll HF splif the C-band out to the Coolsat and then I just need to figure out how to switch the analog box between the C-band LNBF and either a slaved output of the Coolsat or the other linear output from the Invacomm QPF. The Ku dish is right next to the BUD so tieing that into the ribbon cable would be trivial.

I'm hoping I can set it up for C and Ku LNBFS... ku is 22k tone on or something like that.

The polar mount / actuator is out there without the dish on it. the ribbon cable is coiled up behind the entertainment center. It'd be worth putting the big dish back up if I could move it. It's currently parked on G1.

I sold the 4DTV, sold the C/Ku feedhorn etc.

I still have the ASC421 I could put on the BUD. I figure I'll have this box run the BUD and C-band LNBF. I'll HF splif the C-band out to the Coolsat and then I just need to figure out how to switch the analog box between the C-band LNBF and either a slaved output of the Coolsat or the other linear output from the Invacomm QPF. The Ku dish is right next to the BUD so tieing that into the ribbon cable would be trivial.

I'm hoping I can set it up for C and Ku LNBFS... ku is 22k tone on or something like that.

You can select LNBFs in the menus, but you'll have to use 12V to switch them. Seems like the easiest way would be to connect the 2nd coax of your ribbon cable to the other linear output of the Invacom, then you can just put the 12V switch right there at the analog box. Put a HF splitter in the C band Coax outside, and hook it to a diseqc switch along with the linear and circular outputs of the Invacom to take care of the Coolsat.

I know the differences are the 600 has the UHF remote and the front panel display. I see where the hole is taped over in the back for the UHF. Haven't looked inside to see if the board behind the front panel is just depopulated or not. If so, yes I'd bet you could solder the correct components in there to get a working front panel.

demOnloard to you know anybody that has done this ?
how can i make sure before installing front number light that it will work ?
My NextWave Navigator is working great for know with the FTA has a mater of fact is working better that i expected on the C-Band side all the channels i get come in crystal clear .But like i said the only thing i don't like is the front panel no display .

demOnloard to you know anybody that has done this ?
how can i make sure before installing front number light that it will work ?
My NextWave Navigator is working great for know with the FTA has a mater of fact is working better that i expected on the C-Band side all the channels i get come in crystal clear .But like i said the only thing i don't like is the front panel no display .

No I don't know anybody that has done it, so you can't make sure, it's a hack. But, this is standard practice with many types of electronics, depopulating some items to have a cheaper version.

Trying to get SBS6 @ 74W programmed and am having a difficult time. Page 51 of the operation and installation manual calls the ku-band bird located at 74W SBS3. When I was programming all the satellites, SBS3 never came up as an option as I scrolled thru the different birds by pressing the antenna buttons either left or right. The SBS6 satellite that came up was for 95W. Any suggestions on how to get the real SBS6 @ 74W stored?

dont worry about the satellite location since the box is slaved to the digital box.
As long as the frequencies match up, thats all you need for it to work :)

Well, as you know, for SBS6, the frequency steps are different. Thought it would be easier to have at least SBS6 and one other ku-band satellite programmed into the receiver.

Today I watched a game on sbs6 my box says I was at 11900 V but it supposedly broadcast at 11749 V. Is there any reason these numbers should be off. Makes it hard to find posted feeds.

satcustomer,

There is a sbs6 preset it is the farthest left if you set up all sats. But it really doesn't matter which sat you use. It is just a question of how far you have to fine tune over past the set channels.

Moseley - I know/saw the SBS6 already pre-programmed as a satellite in this receiver. However, I think that SBS6 applies to another location (95W, I believe) according to the manual. Back whenever this receiver originally came out, I guess the bird located at 74W was called SBS3. If I can program that location, along with its correct steps, I will be able to post correct feeds and find 'em, too, without having to fine tune as you and I and I'm sure others have done using a different ku-band bird.

Moseley - I know/saw the SBS6 already pre-programmed as a satellite in this receiver. However, I think that SBS6 applies to another location (95W, I believe) according to the manual. Back whenever this receiver originally came out, I guess the bird located at 74W was called SBS3. If I can program that location, along with its correct steps, I will be able to post correct feeds and find 'em, too, without having to fine tune as you and I and I'm sure others have done using a different ku-band bird.

It has a 1992 patent.

SBS6 setting are the same as today.

I would have been able to hit it without fine tuning too but for some reason the Freq on the box was wrong. I compared to a buddy watching in another state. I be gone from thanksgiving until the 2nd so I'll have to wait until then to play with it again.

Good news is that about one year from when I bought all this stuff I finally saw something that intended to watch when I purchased it.

While most of you guys bought the NextWave Navigator NCC500 receiver, I bought the other one that was on sale at the same time.

The US Electronics Legacy. That is the OEM version of a Drake ESR-1524 receiver.

I paid less than $20.00 for it. That is one heck of a receiver for the price.

I got it in the UPS today, and have it already setup.

I had forgotten how good virgin analog C/Ku signal was with a new receiver until today.

You can still get the Legacy receivers from Mike Kohl at Global Communications. Just not at this price.

Thanks to who ever started this thread.

Fred

I started the thread so thanks!

I haven't seen that great analog picture quality that a lot of people have been talking about. Seems like most feeds are snowy and/or have a crackling picture.

If you have the BUD peaked out properly, and you know you have it on the Satellite as best you can, the fine-tuning is done with the receiver and skew.

It isn't easy to peak a big dish because of the mass involved.

Perfectly plumb mast, proper elevation/declination, and East/West movement of the whole assembly on your TS Satellite. LNB's lined up at the right place in relation to the dish. Feedhorn perfectly in center of dish. Focal point at proper distance to mouth of Feedhorn, and F/D ratio set properly will illuminate the dish and give you the best signal.

From there on, it is a matter of setting the skew and whatever fine tuning adjustments your receiver provides.

If you are slaving the analog receiver off of a DVB receiver, the DVB receiver controls the skew and polarity for the analog, so that might be off a little. Make sure everything else is set properly, and you will be happy with the picture.

Today I watched a game on sbs6 my box says I was at 11900 V but it supposedly broadcast at 11749 V. Is there any reason these numbers should be off. Makes it hard to find posted feeds.

Moseley
You wouldnt happen to be using a Universal LNB, would you?

11900-11749=151
10750 (LO for standard LNB) - 10600 (LO for Universal) equals 150

If you are using the Universal then your numbers will be off. :)

I had the same issue and on non SBS6 satellites, I coudlnt get above TP 18 because
12080+150=12230 which is above the end of KU (12200). I went to standard LNB and everything was fine :)

I started the thread so thanks!

I haven't seen that great analog picture quality that a lot of people have been talking about. Seems like most feeds are snowy and/or have a crackling picture.

I'll agree that some feeds come in with sparklies, but if you are slaving off of a DVB like Coolsat for example, go to motor and make sure the signal is for a frequency with the same polarity as analog feed, then nudge east or west while watching analog and you can see improvements in picture ( you may notice interference when voltage is sent to motor temporarily ) funny how Analog is so forgiving vs. Digital, though I'm not familiar with the nextwave does it have a TI filter, my receiver does and it does eliminate most sparklies.

I have not learned about frequency steps completely, one day I'll understand it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)