NFC and Bluetooth make up...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's always nice to see a new technology starts by playing nice with its predecessor as opposed to threatening to kill...

Diogen.

It's not clear from your post whether you understand that bluetooth and NFC are complementarity technologies rather than competing technologies.

Moar gees with gginggerbread and tapatalk!

I don't.
I believe Bluetooth won't stick around for long if NFC takes off.
At least in the smartphone/tablet space.

Diogen.

I don't.
I believe Bluetooth won't stick around for long if NFC takes off.
At least in the smartphone/tablet space.

Diogen.

Nfc is designed to function in less than one foot.

Bluetooth is designed for 10 to 100m range depending on the spec and radio.

Perhaps your beliefs need adjustment.

I was talking phone/tablet applications.
In that space I think there are fewer people believing Bluetooth will do 100m than being killed by NFC.

Diogen.

I was talking phone/tablet applications.
In that space I think there are fewer people believing Bluetooth will do 100m than being killed by NFC.

Diogen.

With nfc you have to keep the device less than 1 foot away from the phone or tablet. go outside that and it (nfc) stops working.

For a headset to work the phone would would have to stay inside your breast pocket while you're sitting down. standing will put it too far away. in your breast pocket might be too far as well depending on your posture.

this is exactly why they are complementary rather than competing technology.

It could be I just don't like BT...
From the nightmares of making Palm talk to x64 XP of some years ago... Desktop or Outlook.
Laptop or desktop. Built-in or external BT...

Headset is the only scenario (in phone/tablet-land!) where NFC can't do BT's job.
Let's hope WiFi-Direct will take care of that...

Diogen.

It could be I just don't like BT...
From the nightmares of making Palm talk to x64 XP of some years ago... Desktop or Outlook.
Laptop or desktop. Built-in or external BT...

Headset is the only scenario (in phone/tablet-land!) where NFC can't do BT's job.
Let's hope WiFi-Direct will take care of that...

Diogen.

Keyboard, mouse, tethering, synching are all things I've used / done with bluetooth.

Nfc simply isn't designed for all these tasks. Hold out your index finger. Everything needs to stay within that range.

Now matter how much you want it to be, it is not a bluetooth replacement. Wishing doesn't make it so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)