NFL 2007-08 Season

Damn it's hard being a Cleveland Sports Fan.....

So damn close... yet again :(

I heard they're the 3rd 10 win team in the last 15 years to not make the playoffs! Go figure :rolleyes:.

Well on the bright side, the Brown's outperformed all expectations everyone had for them this season with their 10-6 record. The thing that hurts the most though was that late in the season we only had to win one more game to clinch the playoffs and we would've been in (Cinci game). Oh well, we can use this experience as building blocks for '08.

With Free-Agency and the draft, we need to improve our Defensive Line and we should be even better next year. This team is very young and has definitely made positive progression to becoming a consistent winner.

Thank you Browns for a great '07 season, with even higher expectations for '08!

Damn it's hard being a Cleveland Sports Fan.....

So damn close... yet again :(

I heard they're the 3rd 10 win team in the last 15 years to not make the playoffs! Go figure :rolleyes:.

Well on the bright side, the Brown's outperformed all expectations everyone had for them this season with their 10-6 record. The thing that hurts the most though was that late in the season we only had to win one more game to clinch the playoffs and we would've been in (Cinci game). Oh well, we can use this experience as building blocks for '08.

With Free-Agency and the draft, we need to improve our Defensive Line and we should be even better next year. This team is very young and has definitely made positive progression to becoming a consistent winner.

Thank you Browns for a great '07 season, with even higher expectations for '08!
As a Bolts fan, I'd rather be playing the Browns next week than the Titans. I think the Bolts can beat either of them, but the Titans are a more physical (read: dirty) team, and we got dinged up by them a couple weeks ago. It'll make going on in the playoffs that much harder.

Well the obvious has happened,
Mike Martz has been fired in Detroit.

ESPN - Source: Lions fire Martz, promote Colleto, Brown to lead offense - NFL

If Martz's can't get Detroit's offense to hum, I don't expect anyone else to be able to do it either.

MAartz will move on to either a HC or another OC position somewhere else in the league and you'll see him flurish again.

Jimbo

I love Kitna's quote... "You can keep changing coaches, but every time you change them that's a new system,'' said quarterback Jon Kitna. "The reality is, the games that we lost, the majority, the times that things didn't go right, it was self-inflicted stuff."

That right there proves what I have been saying for five years now. The "Lions Funk" has caught up to Kitna. He better not be on the team next year because he will be a cancer in the locker room. Although it might not matter. At this stage everyone on the team has a losing attitude and is a cancer in the locker room when you play for the Lions.

Go Steelers!

I have been saying it all year, and I will say it again though. I still am not sold on Tomlin. Why would not even start Big Ben?

I think they will be able to take Jacksonville this Saturday, but to beat Indy or New England will not happen. They have been to banged up with key guys missing significant playing time this year, and Parker is too key of a guy to not have in the playoffs. Davenport can not simply slide in and take over as a starting RB.

Go Steelers!

I have been saying it all year, and I will say it again though. I still am not sold on Tomlin. Why would not even start Big Ben?

I think they will be able to take Jacksonville this Saturday, but to beat Indy or New England will not happen. They have been to banged up with key guys missing significant playing time this year, and Parker is too key of a guy to not have in the playoffs. Davenport can not simply slide in and take over as a starting RB.

Sorry I disagree. No way their beating Jacksonville. Way to physical for the Steelers. Who ever the QB is will be under way too much pressure the entire game. No chance....

Go Steelers!

Steelers have lost ANOTHER Starting Offensive Lineman this week, so that 2 out of 5 that are backups starting in the playoffs without Parker and a banged up and fading fast Defense.

Ben was listed as having ankle issues this past week.

Jimbo

I love Kitna's quote... "You can keep changing coaches, but every time you change them that's a new system,'' said quarterback Jon Kitna. "The reality is, the games that we lost, the majority, the times that things didn't go right, it was self-inflicted stuff."

That right there proves what I have been saying for five years now. The "Lions Funk" has caught up to Kitna. He better not be on the team next year because he will be a cancer in the locker room. Although it might not matter. At this stage everyone on the team has a losing attitude and is a cancer in the locker room when you play for the Lions.

The"funk" and the cummulative effect of having his skull pounded into the turf a couple of hundred times. I agree it's time to move on to a new QB, especially since were moving into yet another offensive system. Kitna served his purpose, and since it will be at least 50 more years till they're a contender again, they might as find some fresh meat for the pounding that's coming. It really doesn't matter what the system is. or who's calling the plays, (check the Free Press for a description of duties being split up on offense), if you don't have an offensive line, the results will continue to be the same. The question I have now is why is Barry still the defensive coordinator? They finished last in just about every defensive category. I guess family isn't accountable.

END THE MILLEN ERROR NOW!

The"funk" and the cummulative effect of having his skull pounded into the turf a couple of hundred times. I agree it's time to move on to a new QB, especially since were moving into yet another offensive system. Kitna served his purpose, and since it will be at least 50 more years till they're a contender again, they might as find some fresh meat for the pounding that's coming. It really doesn't matter what the system is. or who's calling the plays, (check the Free Press for a description of duties being split up on offense), if you don't have an offensive line, the results will continue to be the same. The question I have now is why is Barry still the defensive coordinator? They finished last in just about every defensive category. I guess family isn't accountable.

Kitna served his purpose ???
I thought Kitna was going to hold over till the had a QB drafted and he was going to learn from Kitna .... Doesn't look like the new QB or the future has made it to Detroit yet, so Kitna certianly did not do any tuturing.

Lets see that could have had Leinhart, Young, Cutler, Quinn, Beck ............................................................................. But they still have NO ONE in place .... things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.

Jimbo

Sorry I disagree. No way their beating Jacksonville. Way to physical for the Steelers. Who ever the QB is will be under way too much pressure the entire game. No chance....

I do hope the Steelers beat Jacksonville, but I have to agree with you....:eek:.....I think the Steelers are missing to many key personnel players, and some players are just not good enough...Mahan......to beat the Jacksonville.:(

But on the positive note....they made the playoffs, won the division, and wasn't swept in the division by any team:D....can the Brownies or Bungles say that.:D

I do hope the Steelers beat Jacksonville, but I have to agree with you....:eek:.....I think the Steelers are missing to many key personnel players, and some players are just not good enough...Mahan......to beat the Jacksonville.:(

But on the positive note....they made the playoffs, won the division, and wasn't swept in the division by any team:D....can the Brownies or Bungles say that.:D

I'm very impressed with the Steelers after all the players that have been in and out of the line up for them to still win 10 games, that says alot about them.

Palomolo, Ward, have both missed multiple games this year. Thats like taking Fred Taylor and the QB off their team, not to mention 2 of the 5 starting offensive linemen out and the stud on the D* line, I can't remember his name, I think it was Aaron ...

Jimbo

:p:D

I'm very impressed with the Steelers after all the players that have been in and out of the line up for them to still win 10 games, that says alot about them.

Palomolo, Ward, have both missed multiple games this year. Thats like taking Fred Taylor and the QB off their team, not to mention 2 of the 5 starting offensive linemen out and the stud on the D* line, I can't remember his name, I think it was Aaron ...

Jimbo
Aaron Smith

Kitna served his purpose ???
I thought Kitna was going to hold over till the had a QB drafted and he was going to learn from Kitna .... Doesn't look like the new QB or the future has made it to Detroit yet, so Kitna certianly did not do any tuturing.

Lets see that could have had Leinhart, Young, Cutler, Quinn, Beck ............................................................................. But they still have NO ONE in place .... things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm.

Jimbo

Well they did draft a QB with their 2nd rd. draft pick (Drew Stanton, MSU). Who knows besides Ford and Millen why they passed on all the names you mentioned? Given Detroit's history of drafting and ruining QB's, you can bet all those guys mentioned felt relief when Detroit's pick passed and their names remained on the board. (By the way, Vince Young was gone by time Detroit drafted , that season). What I meant was that Kitna was a body that could be sacrificed.
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm? More like things that make you go ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad::eek::confused:

Throwing a new QB behind that horrid O-Line is certainly the worst possible way to try and groom a QB for the future. Kitna took 51 sacks this year, more than any other QB in the NFL. Not even Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could have success behind such a line! The kid would be shell shocked and would end up like Tim Couch! Build the line first.

Trust me when I say this, because my Brown's have tried and blamed the QB for everything in the past. This year however, we finally are starting to realize that the O-Line makes the QB, not the other way around.

Throwing a new QB behind that horrid O-Line is certainly the worst possible way to try and groom a QB for the future. Kitna took 51 sacks this year, more than any other QB in the NFL. Not even Peyton Manning or Tom Brady could have success behind such a line! The kid would be shell shocked and would end up like Tim Couch! Build the line first.

Trust me when I say this, because my Brown's have tried and blamed the QB for everything in the past. This year however, we finally are starting to realize that the O-Line makes the QB, not the other way around.

Lions have tried the O line approach first inn the past and it got them a few good players, Hartings eventually moved on to Pittsburgh and finished his career and retired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)