Tampa Bay @ Miami

Atlanta @ Jacksonville

Indianapolis @ Carolina

8:00 PM

Denver @ Houston

St. Louis @ Tennessee

10:00 PM

Dallas @ San Diego (NFL Network)

Saturday's slate includes a couple of Super Bowl rematches, and one VERY possible Super Bowl preview: DAL-SD

Also, tonight's PHI-PIT game (right now 10-10 at the half) is being shown live on NFLN. And SEA-MIN will be shown via tape delay at 11:30 ET on NFLN.

I was actually there last night, and you may have seen me. I was in the first row behind the Giants bench by the Lions helmet field cart. I swore I'd never attend another game till they became winners again, but my brother called last minute, with the closest seats to the field I've ever sat in. Freebies! The big treat was taking my 3yr. old son to his first ever professional sporting event. He's still talking about shaking hands with Eli Manning this morning. (Even though he doesn't have clue who he is.)

OK, nice that they won, but like Jimbo says, lets see when they count. Still no running game, but the team played with some urgency and zeal. Biggest impression for me , being this close to field, was not how big these guys are, (they seem bigger on TV oddly enough), but how fast the players really are. It's like sitting near the ice at a hockey game. These guys really fly. Calvin Johnson has to be among the fastest players I've ever seen. TV and sitting mid- bowl don't do justice to the speed of these guys at all. Really cool being able to hear the coaches talking to their players. That being said, sitting 12 -15 rows higher is better for watching the game. Much better angle to follow the play.

How did Kevin Smith look ?
Paul, IF you were there and we saw you, we still would not KNOW it was YOU :D

Jimbo

NFLN Preseason Tape Delay Schedule

All Times Eastern

Sat. 8-9-08

1 PM- Baltimore @ New England

4 PM- NY Giants @ Detroit

7 PM- Buffalo @ Washington (LIVE)

10 PM- Dallas @ San Diego (LIVE)

Sun. 8-10-08

1 AM- San Francisco @ Oakland

4 AM- Kansas City @ Chicago

7 AM- Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh

10 AM- Denver @ Houston

1 PM- St. Louis @ Tennessee

4 PM- Tampa Bay @ Miami

7 PM- Indianapolis @ Carolina

10 PM- Denver @ Houston

Mon. 8-11-08

1 AM- NY Jets @ Cleveland

4 AM- Buffalo @ Washington

7 AM- Baltimore @ New England

10 AM- NY Giants @ Detroit

1 PM- Seattle @ Minnesota

4 PM- Dallas @ San Diego

Last edited:
The Steelers are looking at QB's Daunte Culpepper and Byron Leftwich. Steelers backup QB, Charlie Batch suffered a broken collarbone in Friday night's exhibition game, and is expected to miss at least 6-8 weeks.

The Steelers are looking at QB's Daunte Culpepper and Byron Leftwich. Steelers backup QB, Charlie Batch suffered a broken collarbone in Friday night's exhibition game, and is expected to miss at least 6-8 weeks.

Leftwich should experience what it's like to go back to a REAL team, ala the Jaguars, after his nightmare in Atlanta.

How did Kevin Smith look ?
Paul, IF you were there and we saw you, we still would not KNOW it was YOU :D

Jimbo

If you got the game still on your DVR, I was the guy 8 seats to the left of the Lions Helmet field cart with the blonde boy sitting in his lap (in the 4th quarter). I hope that helps.:D
If I ever figure out how to do it, and I find a picture of me when I'm not drunk, (why are there so many cameras around when one is faced?) I'll post as my avatar.:D

By the way, Smith wasn't too impressive, but then the whole running game is still where it's been for the last few seasons; MIA. Just the same, if they learn to block, I think this kid can be a star. Bell on the other hand will riding the pine by the fourth reg. season game. He just plain stinks.

Last edited:

I don't think they should take EITHER of them....
It's only 4-6 weeks from NOW, not from the start of the season.
Dixon will get PLENTY of playing time the rest of the pre season, let him play should Ben get hurt somewhere during that time.
Of course they have to play someone in the perseason.
Ben will play a little more each week I would imagine, but probably not that much, I would look for him to play maybe a quarter next week, go a half the next week and not play at all in the last pre season game.

Jimbo

I don't think they should take EITHER of them....
It's only 6-8 weeks from NOW, not from the start of the season.
Dixon will get PLENTY of playing time the rest of the pre season, let him play should Ben get hurt somewhere during that time.
Of course they have to play someone in the perseason.
Ben will play a little more each week I would imagine, but probably not that much, I would look for him to play maybe a quarter next week, go a half the next week and not play at all in the last pre season game.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

I tend to agree with you. But IF I had to choose one of those I'd probably go with Leftwich (not that he's a bargain at this point of his career either). I think Culpepper is toast!!

Jimbo,

I tend to agree with you. But IF I had to choose one of those I'd probably go with Leftwich (not that he's a bargain at this point of his career either). I think Culpepper is toast!!

Don't know if you caught it or not, the Steelers website says 4-6 weeks for Batch. :)

Jimbo

If you got the game still on your DVR, I was the guy 8 seats to the left of the Lions Helmet field cart with the blonde boy sitting in his lap (in the 4th quarter). I hope that helps.:D
If I ever figure out how to do it, and I find a picture of me when I'm not drunk, (why are there so many cameras around when one is faced?) I'll post as my avatar.:D

Paul, fortunatly or unfortunatly depending on how you want to look at it, I no longer have it on the DVR.
Had I known you were going, I would have kept it.:D

Jimbo

That's much better news then. Batch would only miss one or two games at the most.

Yes that is good news.
Charlie Batch is a very under rated QB,he serves the Steelers very well, he knows the offense, doesn't try to be the Starter and knows his place.
Hes a very big part of the team, knowing that a capable back up is there if needed.

Jimbo

Monday 8-11-08 NFL Preseason Schedule

8:00pm ET

Cincinnati @ Green Bay (ESPN)

BTW, no games scheduled for today 8/10/08

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)