NFL 2008-09 Season

Joe Flacco just came into the gamefor the Ravens and turned the ball over on his second play.

Unfortunatley I don't think the Raven's think much of Troy :( ....

Not a good start for Flacco, but I'm sure it will get better.

Wouldn't you think that seeing the NFL preseason is getting into full gear tonight , that the NFL network would have a game live, or at least be covering the games more vs the Farve fiasco.

Jimbo

Patriots rookie QB, Kevin O'Connell has been very impressive. He could work his way up to #2 on the depth chart, as both Matt Cassell and Matt Gutierrez looked awful.

Meanwhile, Lamont Jordan, who the Pats picked up off the waiver wire, looked very impressive tonight. It's Ravens, 16-15 with 6 minutes remaining.

Unfortunatley I don't think the Raven's think much of Troy :( ....

Not a good start for Flacco, but I'm sure it will get better.

Wouldn't you think that seeing the NFL preseason is getting into full gear tonight , that the NFL network would have a game live, or at least be covering the games more vs the Farve fiasco.

Jimbo

I'm totally there with you Jimbo. :D

Lions beat the Giants! LIONS WIN! LIONS WIN! LIONS WIN! THE REBUILDING IS OVER AFTER 51 YEARS! (end sarcasm)

I can't wait to hear what Paul has to say.

After all, we are entitled to his opinions.

Lions beat the Giants! LIONS WIN! LIONS WIN! LIONS WIN! THE REBUILDING IS OVER AFTER 51 YEARS! (end sarcasm)

Sabe's , it's preseason, they normally win SOME of thier preseason games, it's the Regular season they cannot win in, ya know, when it COUNTS :D

Jimbo

Sabe's , it's preseason, they normally win SOME of thier preseason games, it's the Regular season they cannot win in, ya know, when it COUNTS :D

Jimbo

LMAO!!!! :D Seriously though, I think Sabres might be on to something, picking the Lions to win the NFC North. I believe the Vikings ultimately will, BUT I think the Lions will be right there with them.

I was actually there last night, and you may have seen me. I was in the first row behind the Giants bench by the Lions helmet field cart. I swore I'd never attend another game till they became winners again, but my brother called last minute, with the closest seats to the field I've ever sat in. Freebies! The big treat was taking my 3yr. old son to his first ever professional sporting event. He's still talking about shaking hands with Eli Manning this morning. (Even though he doesn't have clue who he is.)

OK, nice that they won, but like Jimbo says, lets see when they count. Still no running game, but the team played with some urgency and zeal. Biggest impression for me , being this close to field, was not how big these guys are, (they seem bigger on TV oddly enough), but how fast the players really are. It's like sitting near the ice at a hockey game. These guys really fly. Calvin Johnson has to be among the fastest players I've ever seen. TV and sitting mid- bowl don't do justice to the speed of these guys at all. Really cool being able to hear the coaches talking to their players. That being said, sitting 12 -15 rows higher is better for watching the game. Much better angle to follow the play.

ALL TIMES EASTERN

7:30 PM

Philadelphia @ Pittsburgh (NFL Network)

8:00 PM

Seattle @ Minnesota (NFL Network........Tape Delay 11:30 ET)

10:00 PM

San Francisco @ Oakland
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Friday 8/8/08 NFL Preseason Schedule

^^^^^^bump^^^^^^

Last edited:
I was actually there last night, and you may have seen me. I was in the first row behind the Giants bench by the Lions helmet field cart. I swore I'd never attend another game till they became winners again, but my brother called last minute, with the closest seats to the field I've ever sat in. Freebies! The big treat was taking my 3yr. old son to his first ever professional sporting event. He's still talking about shaking hands with Eli Manning this morning. (Even though he doesn't have clue who he is.)

OK, nice that they won, but like Jimbo says, lets see when they count. Still no running game, but the team played with some urgency and zeal. Biggest impression for me , being this close to field, was not how big these guys are, (they seem bigger on TV oddly enough), but how fast the players really are. It's like sitting near the ice at a hockey game. These guys really fly. Calvin Johnson has to be among the fastest players I've ever seen. TV and sitting mid- bowl don't do justice to the speed of these guys at all. Really cool being able to hear the coaches talking to their players. That being said, sitting 12 -15 rows higher is better for watching the game. Much better angle to follow the play.

You're son got to shake Eli's hand? Wow. I bet he'll remember his first game-day experience for a lifetime.

Saturday 8-9-08 NFL Preseason Schedule

All Times Eastern

7:00 PM

Buffalo @ Washington (NFL Network)

7:30 PM

Tampa Bay @ Miami

Atlanta @ Jacksonville

Indianapolis @ Carolina

8:00 PM

Denver @ Houston

St. Louis @ Tennessee

10:00 PM

Dallas @ San Diego (NFL Network)

Saturday's slate includes a couple of Super Bowl rematches, and one VERY possible Super Bowl preview: DAL-SD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts