NFL 2008-09 Season

WR Thug: Chris Henry Released!

Chris Henry released from Bungles. See link HERE.

This is in response to the Warrant out for his arrest that I reported on HERE.

Personally, I think this is about 27 arrests too late.......

Nope. In the past, whoever wins the toss has to decide to kick or receive in the first half. They do the opposite the second half. By deferring, they can delay that decision until the second half. By doing this, the non-winning coin toss team gets to decide what to do the first half.

Under the previous rule, NFL coaches almost always elected to receive the ball after winning the toss. College coaches defer more than 90% of the time. Just adds another option to the game.

But if you decide to kick or recieve in the first half the opposite happens in the second half so what difference would it make.

Chris Henry released from Bungles. See link HERE.

This is in response to the Warrant out for his arrest that I reported on HERE.

Personally, I think this is about 27 arrests too late.......

It's a shame. The kid has talent but he can't stay away from trouble.

But if you decide to kick or recieve in the first half the opposite happens in the second half so what difference would it make.

I guess under this new rule a team can hypothetically "receive" at the beginning of each half (or vice versa). By deferring the decision until the second half, a team has the ability to make a more strategic move based on how the game has gone through the halfway point.....

Ex-Lion and current Brown, Shaun Rogers, has his weight under control!!!!

According to the Detroit News.........

Rogers' weight was an issue in Detroit, but Romeo Crennel said it looks like he has it under control. There have been reports that Rogers' weight is in the 400-pound range. He played at about 370 or 380 in Detroit last year.

"He's about 50 pounds less than that," Crennel said Tuesday at the NFL meetings.

"He looks decent," Crennel said. "He reported at a decent weight. He wasn't sloppy or anything like that. I think once he gets involved in the program, we'll find out exactly where he is, conditioning-wise."

Good player, excellent criminal.

No worries Chris Henry, Jerry Jones and the 'Boy's will be calling you shortly.......

The sad thing is that players like Henry won't learn because they will end up playing in this league again just as Pacman will too. After any suspensions, he will be eligible for reinstatement and will get picked up by some desperate team and be paid outlandish amounts of money. As long as these players are allowed back into the league, they have no incentive to clean up their act.

The Brown's came out with a preliminary preseason schedule. All finalized dates and times are TBD.....

2008 CLEVELAND BROWNS PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Date, Opponent, Time
Aug. 7-11, New York Jets, TBA
Monday, Aug. 18, @ New York Giants (ESPN), 8:00pm
Aug. 21-25, @ Detroit Lions, TBA
Aug. 28-29, Chicago Bears, TBA

Was pumped this week to see the Skins opening up against the giants on Thurs night, maybe we can get Zorn on the Tirico show, he seems to give some good interviews, and I'd love to hear what Coach Zorn has to say.

HD MM;1301930[B said:
]No worries Chris Henry, Jerry Jones and the 'Boy's will be calling you shortly.......
[/B]
The sad thing is that players like Henry won't learn because they will end up playing in this league again just as Pacman will too. After any suspensions, he will be eligible for reinstatement and will get picked up by some desperate team and be paid outlandish amounts of money. As long as these players are allowed back into the league, they have no incentive to clean up their act.

They can call all night and day, Marinelli won't be taking their calls. Wrong character for our team. That's why we traded Shaun Rogers to the Browns. Marinelli has put his stamp on this team - high character players that live, eat, and sleep football. Even though the results haven't been great yet, (He does have Millen in the way), at least the culture has started to change.

No worries Chris Henry, Jerry Jones and the 'Boy's will be calling you shortly.......

Henry is an idiot. It's a shame. The Bengals have given him every chance they could (and more). It's unbelievable that someone could be so stupid to not take advantage of the privilege of playing in the NFL.

It looks like I am the first Bengals fan I've seen on here. I like this board because some of the DBS refugees have fled to here. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I hate the Cleveland Clowns (and all the other AFC North foes). :D Hopefully we can all get along peacefully.

Henry is an idiot. It's a shame. The Bengals have given him every chance they could (and more). It's unbelievable that someone could be so stupid to not take advantage of the privilege of playing in the NFL.

It looks like I am the first Bengals fan I've seen on here. I like this board because some of the DBS refugees have fled to here. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I hate the Cleveland Clowns (and all the other AFC North foes). :D Hopefully we can all get along peacefully.

With lil comments like the Clowns. No we will not get along peacefully.
It's on kat. :D

Hmmmmmmm....Henry, Pac-man Jones....went to school at...WEST VIRGINIA!! And if I am not mistaken, Mr. Rodriguez was the coach there for these two fine up-standing citizens!! And The U get alot of crap....:rolleyes:

Michigan will now have ALL the 1st dibs on that criminal hotline.....:neener

Hmmmmmmm....Henry, Pac-man Jones....went to school at...WEST VIRGINIA!! And if I am not mistaken, Mr. Rodriguez was the coach there for these two fine up-standing citizens!! And The U get alot of crap....:rolleyes:

Michigan will now have ALL the 1st dibs on that criminal hotline.....:neener
/B]

Not going to happen here, we don't put up with that kind of player. We've got the history to prove it. Hell, we fired a head coach for being drunk in public (Moeller).

/B]

Not going to happen here, we don't put up with that kind of player. We've got the history to prove it. Hell, we fired a head coach for being drunk in public (Moeller).

Oh really?..........

"The Detroit Lions are one of three teams interested in trading for suspended Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, according to Jones' agent Manubir Arora."

Sounds like the Lion's are just as much part of the problem! :neener

See link: HERE.

Oh really?..........

"The Detroit Lions are one of three teams interested in trading for suspended Titans cornerback Pacman Jones, according to Jones' agent Manubir Arora."

Sounds like the Lion's are just as much part of the problem! :neener

See link: HERE.

No they are not ...
If you look at the reports in the paper and the Lions website is says clearly that they were NEVER interested.

Have you ever heard of an agent saying something to get others interested ?

The Lions are the ones that would have to be interested, not the agent saying they are interested....

Jimbo

No they are not ...
If you look at the reports in the paper and the Lions website is says clearly that they were NEVER interested.

Have you ever heard of an agent saying something to get others interested ?

The Lions are the ones that would have to be interested, not the agent saying they are interested....

Jimbo

NEVER EVER listen to "nevers" from a GM or VP of Player Personnel. Prime examples:

...'we will never trade Shaq
....'we will never trade Wayne Gretsky'
....'we will never trade A-Rod'

NO NEVER listen to those people when they say they 'would never do that'....because there is 50/50 chance they will....;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts